Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does shading the receiver in or out actually work? (/forums/showthread.php?t=138844)

crumpled_heap 08-26-2005 03:50 AM

Does shading the receiver in or out actually work?

Because I do it but it doesn't seem to work. (Yes I know it is supposed to happen after the snap)

cecilsav 08-26-2005 10:13 AM

Re: Does shading the receiver in or out actually work?

That's a very good question and I will go one step further and ask who uses it and more importantly how the heck do you use it as far as which buttons to press. I got too confused my self.

The Chef 08-26-2005 10:41 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cecilsav
That's a very good question and I will go one step further and ask who uses it and more importantly how the heck do you use it as far as which buttons to press. I got too confused my self.

I have used it a few times and then watched the replay after the play to see what it looks like when it happens, to better get a feel for whether to use it or not, and I must say that I didnt notice anything happen at all. To do it just click Y on Xbox, then the icon of the receiver and right to shade the right shoulder and left to shade the left shoulder of the receiver. I still think they should have just made it right to shade out and left in or the other way around, I constantly find myself trying to remember whether I want to shade his left or right shoulder, since Im looking from behind the player I get confused at times when they snap the ball so quickly.

slthree 08-26-2005 10:48 AM

I too give the shade command and then run the replay and see no evidence whatsoever that the shading took place.

Gilateen 08-26-2005 02:33 PM

Have you guys tried throwing to that receiver who is being shaded?

crumpled_heap 08-26-2005 03:30 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Gilateen
Have you guys tried throwing to that receiver who is being shaded?

No but I went into practice mode and I made it so the CPU would keep throwing a slant to lavernius and I was shading him inside, i didn't notice any difference. This feature is not in the manual, they only tell you how to do it in the tutorial so maybe they took this feature out.