Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Uhm...I suck...and you know why?? (/forums/showthread.php?t=138873)

MoL2k 08-26-2005 11:20 AM

Uhm...I suck...and you know why??

I just realized I have never won the superbowl in a madden game....

I always play with modded sliders and get great challenges from the game with them...but I have never made it to the Superbowl.

I am in season 2 now with the Broncos and am currently 6-1...This may be my best year....

KBomber 08-26-2005 11:31 AM

Re: Uhm...I suck...and you know why??

Quote:

Originally Posted by MoL2k
I just realized I have never won the superbowl in a madden game....

I always play with modded sliders and get great challenges from the game with them...but I have never made it to the Superbowl.

I am in season 2 now with the Broncos and am currently 6-1...This may be my best year....

Just remember, that doesn't make you a bad person??

Have fun...........

Mizzou23 08-26-2005 12:34 PM

I won it once out of two seasons I finished last year. Still working on it in my first franchise season this year. I need to do some slider tweaking, my defense is a too good. I think my offense vs. cpu defense is fine at default, but I need to knock down awareness and/or knockdowns for myself.

Bearsfan71 08-26-2005 01:53 PM

I know what you mean, I've been playing since Madden 93 and still no superbowl win...probably has something to do with the team I play with....I did get to the Superbowl in Madden 2004 against the Patriots (rematch of Superbowl XX) but I LOST!

pfunk880 08-26-2005 03:26 PM

I haven't made it to the Super Bowl since Madden 2001. Went 14-2 and was upset by Oakland. :(

BZito75 08-27-2005 12:51 AM

last super bowl i won was with a fantasy drafted colts in the last madden for psx.... i THINK that was 2001

Sarah 08-27-2005 03:01 AM

I don't know, to me I always tailor my game according to my specialty. I am a defensive kind of person when I play sports games, so my first priority will be the secondary and the defensive line. Offense comes after my defense. When recruiting players or trading player, I don't just look at the overall rating but rather there best rating and how I could used there strength on my team. I am currently playing all-madden difficulty with adjusted sliders and so far I am holding my opponents to 14 points a game. My offense comes from my WR and HB. I only need 2 WR, and 1 HB and pretty much I am in business. :)

mercalnd 08-27-2005 10:15 AM

No Super Bowl for me either. Someone always beats me in the playoffs even though I have great (12-4, 13-3) seasons. Still, the most fun I've had in a season was last year with the Lions when I wen 9-7, barely made the playoffs and lost a nailbiter to the Rams. That was my first year playing on All-pro and I never looked back.