Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Punt Returns (/forums/showthread.php?t=139023)

Hammer67 08-27-2005 12:51 PM

Punt Returns

Yes, I know there was brief mention of the blocking problem in the Glitch forum but I haven't seen a decent response on if this has a work around or not.

Any ideas? THis has effectively elliminated a huge part of Special Teams play from the game. Dante Hall is now useless!!!! As is Antwaan Randall El.

Hammer

Stormyhog 08-27-2005 01:08 PM

Re: Punt Returns

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer67
Yes, I know there was brief mention of the blocking problem in the Glitch forum but I haven't seen a decent response on if this has a work around or not.

Any ideas? THis has effectively elliminated a huge part of Special Teams play from the game. Dante Hall is now useless!!!! As is Antwaan Randall El.

Hammer

I usually pick punt block man as it gives you a little more space to attempt a run. It may not work all the time but it seems to help when I play. You can also try other punt return formations like punt block to see if they work as well.

Hammer67 08-27-2005 02:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Stormyhog
I usually pick punt block man as it gives you a little more space to attempt a run. It may not work all the time but it seems to help when I play. You can also try other punt return formations like punt block to see if they work as well.

Yeah...I've tried those, but I am curious if we will ever get a fix for standard punt returns....even with those, you get minimal return room.

sjj2xs 08-27-2005 03:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Hammer67
Yeah...I've tried those, but I am curious if we will ever get a fix for standard punt returns....even with those, you get minimal return room.

i asked this same question in the sliders section, really didint get any solution yet, this is a big glitch....and it's driving me crazy.............sjj2xs

Flamehead 08-27-2005 04:40 PM

One solution I've heard is to do the following together:

1) Set cpu punt length to 18 (or +8 from default)

2) Call punt block. When the cpu recognizes this and audibles to max protect, you then audible out to normal punt return.

sjj2xs 08-27-2005 05:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamehead
One solution I've heard is to do the following together:

1) Set cpu punt length to 18 (or +8 from default)

2) Call punt block. When the cpu recognizes this and audibles to max protect, you then audible out to normal punt return.

dude thanks i'll try this.............i'll try anything .......lol

griffey1024 08-28-2005 01:36 AM

If you notice the blockers on punt return are usually DBs who have poor blocking. Try switching your blockers, also as Flamehead said move the CPU punt length up.

Hammer67 08-28-2005 08:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by griffey1024
If you notice the blockers on punt return are usually DBs who have poor blocking. Try switching your blockers, also as Flamehead said move the CPU punt length up.

Appreciate the replies. The I have a DB and and a RB (both playing their real life positions) as drop back blockers. THey have decent blocking skills. The problem has to be coded into the game as the blockers run back, stop & stare at the returner. They let the "gunners" run right by every time without flinching. They should at least make an attempt to block, even poor blockers.

THe audible solution doesn't work, unfortunately. I havent' set the CPu kick slider higher yet...I will try, but this doesn't seem like it will make much sense as if I do get a return, it will just cover the distance of the "extra" yardage from the slider adjustment.

Oh well...thought there was a EA fix or something of the like. Has EA ever done this? Release a patch for X-Box?