Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   aghh, why are my passes being under thrown??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=139302)

daboywonder2002 08-30-2005 07:50 AM

aghh, why are my passes being under thrown???

ok, so i decided to play all madden against a friend of mine. so far, i have had some problems. i won one game but lost the next 2. everytime my receiver would run past a cornerback, once i threw it, the cornerback would reach and intercept it. now, the safety hasnt even gotten there yet. he was playing zone. i was mad because i felt like the qb should have thrown over the cornerbacks head. i mean if there is a hole in the zone, i should be able to make that throw. is this due to the defense awareness being so high or am i just throwing the ball too late?? i have defense awareness at 10 default. wr catching at 11, and qba at 11. and int at 3

daboywonder2002 08-30-2005 07:53 AM

Re: aghh, why are my passes being under thrown???

oh yea and when i say i decided to play all madden, i meant the all madden level diifficulty.

steveo 08-30-2005 11:36 AM

i'd like to know this too. I was playing some of my chise last night on all pro and I threw a few passes that were underthrown.

I f'in HATE this new "precision passing" crap because you cant lead the receiver like you could in years past. I had one pass where I threw it to my wide open HB and pushed up (by habit) to have him go into the end zone but all it did was have him stop at the 2 yd line and jumpf or a ball. He got tackled after making the 30 yd catch when it should have been an easy td pass.

Samantha 08-30-2005 12:18 PM

I play all madden level, and honestly I wouldn't think of playing any other level. And I have to be careful, or I will over lead my receiver. Precision Passing works fine.

RaiderKtulu 08-30-2005 12:36 PM

I agree. Precision passing does not work very well at all. Of course, part of that is the way you catch a DB out of position, and rather than completing the pass, the DB SLIDES 5 yards to make the play on the ball.

SuperFlash 08-30-2005 02:38 PM

That's the biggest problem.....the DB's. They make some unbelieveable jumps on this game that they dont make in real life. Madden kind of messed up in two areas.

1.) On the game the DB trail the WR's by a yard or 2 (and this is done on purpose). In real life DB's trail right on the WR's hip (if they are that fast). And when they trail on the hip they are in better position to make a play on the ball. And they can't make those swat down jumps in real life like in madden.

2.) The FS/SS don't play their zone very well. Even the good ones. Yes they still make the play, but it always takes an unbelieveable burst of speed (that most dont have) to make a play on the ball.

I do like that Madden made Arm Strength much more true to form this year. Ive played with Rivers and if you think your going to throw it 50 yards with him your crazy.

But with that said if Madden was to change the DB AI and movements/anime. It would make the pass incredible. Both offensively and defensively. I would like to see Champ and TO side by side on a go run and someone out jumping the other or something. Then see Champ trail TO by a couple of yards and then make his superman leap to knock down a perfectly thrown ball.

charles167 08-30-2005 02:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Samantha
I play all madden level, and honestly I wouldn't think of playing any other level. And I have to be careful, or I will over lead my receiver. Precision Passing works fine.

Agreed...works fine for me.

LetsGo0akland 08-30-2005 03:22 PM

If you're one of those "continuously drop back until you get an open receiver" then yes, you probably will underthrow some passes (because you're holding the L thumb stick back the whole time).

I liked precision passing, but the vision cone was just way too difficult for me. I could not scroll through my receivers quick enough