Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 360 Wishlist (/forums/showthread.php?t=139486)

inkcil 08-31-2005 07:50 PM

Madden 360 Wishlist

I was wondering what exactly people wanted from Madden 360.
After playing the Xbox game a few weeks, I am hoping 360 has the following, listed in order of importance (and personal preferences):

1.) Completely Overhaul the running game. No more Mario running, no more getting stuck on blockers. Pretty please w/ a cherry on top.

2.) Fix the punt returns (I put this second b/c I beleive that outside of the deep bomb, the punt return is the most exciting offensive play).

3.) Gang tackling (including when 4 or 5 guys are pushing the ball carier backwards while the whistle is blowing to stop the play) and actual pile ups with the big fellas (for a fumble or loose ball).

4.) No more DB(dee-bee) swarms around my bullet passes...DBs are fast, but they are not that fast.

5.) Please fix the Instant Replay System, thus allowing me the appropriate options to take for any given challenge situation, even if it means more than one option (and take the funny zebra stripes of the challenge booth box while you're at it).

6.) No more "I am about to give you a big hug" pre-snap stance for the line backers...and allow me to manually "creep up" to the line. (I always play as a linebacker.) :)

7.) Tone down the DBs and LBs leaping ability.

8.) Give me the ability to have custom soundtracks in-game.

9.) Please give us better commentaty.

10.) Better replay angles, please.

11.) Please give better cutscenes (I can tell they kinda tried on the xbox version, but most of the cutscenes are laughable).

12.) Throw in a postgame and a halftime show if you have the time.

13.) Fix some of the awkward sound effects and add significant player chatter on the field (w/ player chatter volume adjustable).

I pretty much like ev'thing else about the current gen Madden (except graphics), which will improve for next gen - the questions are "how much will they improve" and "will the animations look good".

Any one else?

LBzrule 08-31-2005 08:33 PM

Re: Madden 360 Wishlist

My biggest wish is for them to ditch suction blocking and tackling. Let me get off the block with a linebacker. Secondly, if I am not getting off the block at least have the lineman take my shoulder and push me past the play. This is already in there somewhat. Let this happen with my other teammates too. Nobody just stands still and dances with each other.

I need to see defenders engage with on arm free. Defensive linemen that actually use their hands to seperate from blockers. Blockers that actually use different blocking techniques, drive, fold scoop, kick out, down and load, down and log if they are not successful at it at least have them attemptingt to do it. They need double team and combo blocking in some shape or form; whether that be built into plays or whether the user designates someone to be doubled. The defensive linemen need to SHOW UP in this game. There are some defensive linemen that you just cannot single block. If you leave them single blocked they should be destroying your offense.

When the defender is two yards away from my quarterback, let me throw the ball without it wobbling out like a dead duck. Also when I'm running the ball in the open field let the moves work. They work in 2 player games because the other person takes control of the player and you are able to get around him, but if he lets the a.i do it, it's suction tackle.

And if they are not going to put a penalty in for all the high passes then I'd suggest they can leave the leaps by the DB's and LB's in there. They are in there now and it is still very difficult to stop the high pass.

LetsGo0akland 08-31-2005 09:13 PM

Just a question here but why just a Madden 360 Wishlist? Why not an all-inclusive wishlist? Are there any differences between PS2 and X-Box versions other than graphics? I mean, what you can do in one, you can do in the other right? The last time I remember two platforms having virtually different version entirely was back in the Sega Genesis/Super Nintendo days. I remember the WWF coming out with "Royal Rumble" and "RAW." Super Nintendo had more characters and different ones. Is it going to be something like that?

Playstation controllers just feel so much better than the X-Box that I will most likely stick to the PS3.

Anyhow, on to the wishlist. In addition to those mentioned before, I would love more options with CAPs/roster editing.

1) User toggle for IR or an injury duration on roster files.

2) Do not count injured players against the salary cap nor the spots on the roster (if you toggle someone onto the IR, you can just sign someone rather than releasing the injured player).

3) Unlimited number of CAP space, like on NCAA. I like to keep my rosters completely up to date and sometimes it takes a lot of CAPs to be able to release someone due to position restrictions. Also, I would want to make someone that may not already be in the game nor signed to a team to chill out in the free agent pool (a la Timmy Chang just for the hell of it).

4) Editable contracts! Sometimes a player will sign for less than they were originally asking.

5) Fix the Superstar Mode in relation to Race to the Heisman (white players coming from the NCAA turn black in the NFL).

6) Presentation - I do not know about anybody else but it really bothers me when the stats for a player come up and all it says is "Collins" or "Moss." To make it more realistic, why not put the full name in there? "QB Kerry Collins" or "WR Randy Moss."

I will most definitely have more to post.

inkcil 08-31-2005 09:32 PM

Spanish,

Since the PS2 and Xbox version have already been realeased, it would do them no good now. I guess my point was to highlight things that I would like to see in the next version of the game released in November.

And even looking even further ahead, you could make it a 360/PS3 wishlist.

LetsGo0akland 08-31-2005 09:41 PM

Oh yeah I understand what you mean. I was just asking if there are going to be differences between the two versions? I am not up-to-date on the performances specs of either so I was wondering if you knew that the 360 could out perform the PS3. Get it?

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an ***.

By the way, I am an A's fan but we can save that for a different message board. =) Go A's!

inkcil 08-31-2005 09:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SpanishFly
Oh yeah I understand what you mean. I was just asking if there are going to be differences between the two versions? I am not up-to-date on the performances specs of either so I was wondering if you knew that the 360 could out perform the PS3. Get it?

Sorry, didn't mean to sound like an ***.

By the way, I am an A's fan but we can save that for a different message board. =) Go A's!

No problem, I get what you mean now.

Yeah, I'm not quite up-to-date on PS3 specs. I need to look into it too, since I will only be buying one or the other. But I would just pick up the 360 anyway if both Madden and Live blew me away.

(Yeah, I have no cable and last night's game had me on the edge of my seat listening the the Angels' wacky announcers.)

Radioactiveman 08-31-2005 10:11 PM

It's funny that all the things being complained about were not problems in the 2k series....I'm not a 2k or a EA homer....it's just to bad we didn't get to see what 2k would have looked like this year considering how big of a leap the Madden series made. I'm almost tempted to go pick up another copy (I returned my copy over 9 months ago) of last years 2k release just for something different...

LetsGo0akland 08-31-2005 10:19 PM

I've never played any of the 2k series. What's different about it?