Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I love this game..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=139592)

Sarah 09-02-2005 01:30 PM

Re: I love this game.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alliball
You're right, you're forced to like it. Damn EA police were at my house just last night making me play the game at gun point, the whole time making sure I had a smile on my face. Of course it wasn't as bad as the day they came to my door with 6 guys to drag me kicking and screaming to Best Buy just to purchase the game.

Well, if we had a choice then we will have an option of what to like, instead of loving the only game available. Madden is a good game on it's own, but so was the 2K series and other NFL games. Without the other series, Madden is the only game to like. It's not ugly by any chances, I like the game a lot, but I would also consider what the others can offer especially the 2K series. It is no secret that the 2K series is improving enough to scare EA lossing a part of thier fanbase. And it won't be a small part.

With only one NFL game available in the next 5 years, we will never know what the others can offer. Who knows, maybe, just maybe a game will come out better than what EA has to offer if they did not control the NFL licensed this year. But we would never know that, so I guess we don't have much of a choice.

ExtremeGamer 09-02-2005 01:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Alliball
You're right, you're forced to like it. Damn EA police were at my house just last night making me play the game at gun point, the whole time making sure I had a smile on my face. Of course it wasn't as bad as the day they came to my door with 6 guys to drag me kicking and screaming to Best Buy just to purchase the game.

One of the best quotes of the year.

Catman24 09-02-2005 03:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sarah
Well, if we had a choice then we will have an option of what to like, instead of loving the only game available. Madden is a good game on it's own, but so was the 2K series and other NFL games. Without the other series, Madden is the only game to like. It's not ugly by any chances, I like the game a lot, but I would also consider what the others can offer especially the 2K series. It is no secret that the 2K series is improving enough to scare EA lossing a part of thier fanbase. And it won't be a small part.

With only one NFL game available in the next 5 years, we will never know what the others can offer. Who knows, maybe, just maybe a game will come out better than what EA has to offer if they did not control the NFL licensed this year. But we would never know that, so I guess we don't have much of a choice.

The title of this post is "I love this game". Not I love this game and I hate the others. And he gave HIS reasons why he loved it. Oh yeah I love this game too.

TheLetterZ 09-02-2005 03:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
One of the best quotes of the year.

Agreed. I'm making a note to nominate this for post of the year.

TJdaSportsGuy 09-02-2005 03:54 PM

Quote:

Well, if we had a choice then we will have an option of what to like, instead of loving the only game available.

Only game available? I was at Best Buy just the other day. I was walking around where the CD's were, and by God, I do think I saw other video games on the shelves!

Yes, I saw games like Grand Theft Auto, Halo, and Ghost Recon 2. I saw driving games, shooting games, strategy games, and more!

Only game available, huh? Broaden your horizons, Sarah. There ARE other types of games out there...

Alliball 09-03-2005 10:50 AM

Quote:

This is just a simple question, I may be way off base, so please tell me if I am. Did you miss my point entirely?

yoyo123 09-03-2005 11:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Only game available? I was at Best Buy just the other day. I was walking around where the CD's were, and by God, I do think I saw other video games on the shelves!

Yes, I saw games like Grand Theft Auto, Halo, and Ghost Recon 2. I saw driving games, shooting games, strategy games, and more!

Only game available, huh? Broaden your horizons, Sarah. There ARE other types of games out there...

What a smartass...she meant its the only NFL game available.

TJdaSportsGuy 09-03-2005 04:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo123
What a smartass...she meant its the only NFL game available.

Still not true. I was at EB Games the other day too, and my goodness, there it was! Sitting on the shelf! It was right over in the Pre-Owned section. It's called NFL2K3. I think there might've even been a 2K4 version, too. :smirk: