Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I love this game..... (/forums/showthread.php?t=139592)

ExtremeGamer 09-03-2005 04:29 PM

Re: I love this game.....

Quote:

Originally Posted by yoyo123
What a smartass...she meant its the only NFL game available.

2 posts and already calling mods a "smart ***", not a good way to stick around here.

Spear 09-03-2005 06:16 PM

Another reason that I find myself loving this game is the franchise mode, I love relocating teams and the hiring/firing of coaches is quite enjoyable. My only gripe if for the love of god I cant run the ball at all, any player close to me will tackle me I just haven't mastered it yet. Anybody have any tips on the running game? (jukes? right analog stuff?) or is there any sliders out there that can help?

HMMurdock311 09-03-2005 06:29 PM

2K3spear,

I have found that not pressing the speed burst button while behind the line does wonders. That's how I improved my running. Just find the hole then hit the speed burst. It seems to me that everytime I speed burst behind or at the LOS that the tackles seem to break off the blocks and get me.

I also have good success doing the slight juke at the LOS. Just barely press the juke button and the RB should doo a quick step move.

That's all the help I can offer about the running game.

TJdaSportsGuy 09-03-2005 07:46 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
2 posts and already calling mods a "smart ***", not a good way to stick around here.

Ahh, it's okay. He's right. I *am* a smartass.

busterbadboy 09-03-2005 09:53 PM

Just keep at it, my first 10-12 games I was awful at the run, which made me extremely angry becasue i was so good at the run in Madden 05. All I can say is follow your blocks and don't run in the same area all the time, the AI picks up on it, mix it up a bit and sooner or later you'll be busting down field highsteppin into the endzone.

Quote:

Originally Posted by 2k3spear
Another reason that I find myself loving this game is the franchise mode, I love relocating teams and the hiring/firing of coaches is quite enjoyable. My only gripe if for the love of god I cant run the ball at all, any player close to me will tackle me I just haven't mastered it yet. Anybody have any tips on the running game? (jukes? right analog stuff?) or is there any sliders out there that can help?

The GIGGAS 09-03-2005 10:01 PM

The last game I played in my dynasty was my best all-around game I've ever had in a Madden (Leftwich smoked the Seattle D) but I still lost. I love this game so much.

Spanky 09-03-2005 10:54 PM

I like the game, too.
At first I was disappointed that the graphics don't appear as sharp as ESPN 2k5 and the atmosphere is lacking (Madden and Michaels are horrible, should be ashamed of themselves, no halftime highlights like ESPN), and the fact that it doesn't have as many throwbacks as ESPN (absolutely incredible selection).
But the main thing is, the gameplay in Madden 06 is better than ESPN 2k5, which drove me crazy with all the interceptions (even with sliders turned to the absolute minimum) and low completion pct.

pfunk880 09-03-2005 11:48 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Spanky
I like the game, too.
At first I was disappointed that the graphics don't appear as sharp as ESPN 2k5 and the atmosphere is lacking (Madden and Michaels are horrible, should be ashamed of themselves, no halftime highlights like ESPN), and the fact that it doesn't have as many throwbacks as ESPN (absolutely incredible selection).
But the main thing is, the gameplay in Madden 06 is better than ESPN 2k5, which drove me crazy with all the interceptions (even with sliders turned to the absolute minimum) and low completion pct.

I hear ya, man.

Just picked up the game today and I must say it's solid, even as a 2k5 addict. I think it helps that the last Madden I owned was 2003 and the last NCAA I owned (and still own) is 2004. 2006 plays real tight, I'm pretty impressed.