Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   How do you stop antonio gates? (/forums/showthread.php?t=139906)

sa012 09-03-2005 10:25 PM

How do you stop antonio gates?

I would double team him and brees would just toss it up to him on a corner route and gates would jump up and catch it. I had marcus washington and sean taylor all over him. I took control of taylor but gates would just overpower me. Should I play some sort of zone or stick with man to man? Some help would be appreciated

KRS-One 09-03-2005 11:06 PM

Re: How do you stop antonio gates?

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa012
I would double team him and brees would just toss it up to him on a corner route and gates would jump up and catch it. I had marcus washington and sean taylor all over him. I took control of taylor but gates would just overpower me. Should I play some sort of zone or stick with man to man? Some help would be appreciated

Control your DB and press L to swat it, don't go for INT's...if you already are....just pray to God he drops it and you can still win.

crumpled_heap 09-04-2005 12:01 AM

you don't

Samantha 09-04-2005 12:09 AM

Those corner routes are very stoppable. I play zones against corner routes.

X*Cell 09-04-2005 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sa012

You'll never stop him:waytogo:

That is why I have him:waytogo:

eXperiment63 09-04-2005 12:41 PM

Speaking of good receiving TE's, Ben Watson is a friggin BEAST in this game. Send him on a fly route by a safety and it's on. He can outjump any of em, while also outrunning most of em.