Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Computer deep ball (/forums/showthread.php?t=140202)

Raymond 09-06-2005 12:34 PM

Computer deep ball

Im on all madden with the cpu sliders all the way up for everything and i have the bengals. i am doing really good with them and giving the patriots a hard time. But every third down and long or second and long. Deion Branch or David Givens will just completely blow by cb's for a 60-70 yrd td. I tried to press and that backfired same result. I checked my cb's energy and its at an 85. so i try to fix the sub in sub out stuff but that is not working, Any solutions?? They are not subbing the players out when i put the sub out energy at 85.

quochai 09-06-2005 12:45 PM

Re: Computer deep ball

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond
Im on all madden with the cpu sliders all the way up for everything and i have the bengals. i am doing really good with them and giving the patriots a hard time. But every third down and long or second and long. Deion Branch or David Givens will just completely blow by cb's for a 60-70 yrd td. I tried to press and that backfired same result. I checked my cb's energy and its at an 85. so i try to fix the sub in sub out stuff but that is not working, Any solutions?? They are not subbing the players out when i put the sub out energy at 85.

Safety up top and drop your DBs Back...I also find that blitzing on third downs will force the quick throws and results in short passes instead of long.

shugknight 09-06-2005 12:47 PM

Yes you have to blitz. Especially with a QB that has such a big cone as Tom Brady. Without any pressure, he has time to look at every reciever and wait till theyre open.

Its a risk/reward type of thing. Sometimes you'll get a sack/incomplete pass, sometimes they'll get a td.

bears5122 09-06-2005 07:33 PM

How do I get my player to speed burst like the CPU does?

dano 09-06-2005 11:12 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Raymond

you just answered you own question. change sliders. if that is happening, especially with those two, the game is unrealistic.

tanis38 09-07-2005 12:36 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by dano
you just answered you own question. change sliders. if that is happening, especially with those two, the game is unrealistic.

Yeah, with the passing slider all the way up, the cpu can throw 80 yard bombs with ease.

cdubdiggity 09-07-2005 04:14 PM

y did u put the sliders all the way up?

tanis38 09-08-2005 11:38 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by cdubdiggity
y did u put the sliders all the way up?

I would guess to help with the CPU completion percentage. I put my CPU's passing slider all the way, but had to put it down after a CPU's third string QB - with a throwing power in the 70s - was throwing the ball 70 yards in the air. I've since put it down a bit, but higher than default. Their completion percentage is still lower than I'd like though. I'll probably need to turn down my awareness a bit more as well.