Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Sim to End ! (/forums/showthread.php?t=141357)

Heelfan71 09-14-2005 02:15 PM

Sim to End !

I wish EA would add a "sim to end" option in the game. I would love to use that feature for blow outs and especially durning pre-season. After the 3rd quarter of a pre-season game I am ready to get the game over with.

ehh 09-14-2005 02:26 PM

Re: Sim to End !

It baffles me how they haven't put this in football games yet. It's the reason why College Hoops 2k5 and MVP '05 have stayed so fresh for me. I don't waste 20 minutes anymore finishing a blowout victory. I just sim to end and move on to the next opponent.

I think this feature is needed in NCAA more than Madden cause most NFL games are pretty close, but in NCAA you get way more blowouts. Either way, it should be a requirement this feature is put in every sports game.

shugknight 09-14-2005 02:34 PM

Heres a tip I've been using.

When playing preseason games, use 5 minutes with no-acc clock. This will make the game somewhat similiar to using 13-14 minutes acc. clock.

Then when it comes to the 4th quarter, just switch it over to have the cpu play the cpu. Go watch some TV, or anything else, and before you know it, the game has ended already.

But yes, I do wish Madden would use the Sim feature alot better. Something like MVP baseball.

Heelfan71 09-14-2005 02:42 PM

yeah, that is actually what I have been doing. Let the CPU take over at the end of the game. :waytogo:

TheLetterZ 09-14-2005 02:42 PM

It's absurd that they haven't added this. I see no reason why they can't do this. If there's some problem with the sim engine, it should've been taken care of by now.

OG_McNabb 09-14-2005 05:57 PM

Total Control Simulation is pretty close.

talbain 09-14-2005 11:55 PM

but you can't switch to total control simulation after starting a game...

mercalnd 09-15-2005 08:20 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by talbain
but you can't switch to total control simulation after starting a game...

No, but apparently if you start the game with total control simulation and intervene you can then go back to total control simulation at any point. That should produce the result you're looking for.