Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   19 CPU vs CPU games viewed... 0 punt retun attempts.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=141389)

CleveCluby 09-14-2005 05:36 PM

19 CPU vs CPU games viewed... 0 punt retun attempts..

This is insane.. How EA ever let this slip through is incredible.. For me personally this is a complete realism game killer... Not even the hope of a return..

19 games, Every game on the first week franchise schedule, + a few more I have watched... Over 150+ punts and ( 0 ) Yes, that’s Zero punt return attempts. Look at the stats screen after and all you will see in the Punt return stats is...... NO DATA AVAILABLE.....

For those of you that play Hands on, it may be different, For those of us who play coach mode... TOO BAD..

I have even subbed the worst players possible in the Punt play.. The outside is always CB, FS. or SS.... I have decreased all the CBs, SS, WS, Speed by 30 points.. But they still get to the returnee.. I took them down to a speed of 30, But they still get to the returnee.. I have tried PUNT length slider from 99.. to Zero... Nothing works...

This is really sad as Punt returns are one of the Big excitement, game motivation changers in the NFL....

If it's ( IN THE GAME ), Some how EA manages to remove it..

Heelfan71 09-14-2005 05:41 PM

Re: 19 CPU vs CPU games viewed... 0 punt retun attempts..

yeah, for those of us who play games they are hard too. You have to call a 'punt block' formation and when the computer shifts its players, you have to audible to 'punt return (or regular return)' . Otherwise you won't have a chance to run 2 yards without being decked. It's been a problem for a long time too and sucks they haven't corrected it in years. :mad:

APD0290 09-14-2005 05:54 PM

Punt returns were actually great last year if not perfect. I don't understand why they screwed it up this year.

cable guy 09-14-2005 06:07 PM

This year is the worst as far as punt returns, IMO.
It's never been great, but this year you could possibly go a game or two without a punt return for either team.

Hopefully this is the straw that breaks the camels back, and they fix it next year.

CountryField04 09-15-2005 01:35 AM

I don't like the call a fair catch or you'll fumble the ball when trying to return the punt plays as much as the next gamer.

I did however practice kickoff returns and am now able to at-least run them anywhere from 25 to 100 yards out from the 1 yard line.