Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NaturalMotion Advances Animation: New Technology for next gen games (/forums/showthread.php?t=141447)

gsr888 09-14-2005 11:55 PM

NaturalMotion Advances Animation: New Technology for next gen games

Go to ign and check out the xbox360 section.

http://xbox360.ign.com/articles/651/651000p1.html

There is an interesting article about NaturalMotion Advances Animation. Could this be the what to look forward to in the upcoming Madden games for the xbox 360? Not for Madden 06!

Quote: "Just to clarify, this technology isn't, as far as we know, being used in the next Madden game. We inquired at EA just to make sure, and they claimed they'd never heard of NaturalMotion."

EA better have something up there sleeves!

eXperiment63 09-15-2005 12:17 AM

Re: NaturalMotion Advances Animation: New Technology for next gen games

I wouldn't be surprised if T2 uses them. Everything indicates they will have a football game this year for the 360. IGN even pulled an interview that hints at it.

According to the USPTO , Take-Two registered the following trademarks on August 23 2005:

The Association
Full Authority
Intense Contact Controls
Live Scouting
V.I.P. System
The Crib
Maximum Tackle
Maximum Passing

In addition, the trademark ''On Command Baserunning'' was filed for by Take-Two on August 24 2005. All of the above-mentioned trademarks belong to this category:

''G & S: Computer game programs; software and computer game cartridges; and computer games provided and played through a global computer network, and instruction manuals sold therewith''

LBzrule 09-15-2005 12:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by eXperiment63
I wouldn't be surprised if T2 uses them. Everything indicates they will have a football game this year for the 360. IGN even pulled an interview that hints at it.

According to the USPTO , Take-Two registered the following trademarks on August 23 2005:

The Association
Full Authority
Intense Contact Controls
Live Scouting
V.I.P. System
The Crib
Maximum Tackle
Maximum Passing

In addition, the trademark ''On Command Baserunning'' was filed for by Take-Two on August 24 2005. All of the above-mentioned trademarks belong to this category:

''G & S: Computer game programs; software and computer game cartridges; and computer games provided and played through a global computer network, and instruction manuals sold therewith''

Be careful with the conclusions you are drawing here. Especially the one where you say things indicate Take Two will release a football game this year (2005). Nothing indicates that at all.

stiffarmleft 09-15-2005 12:38 AM

Now this is what Next Gen football should be all about, an infinite amount of tackles and collison outcomes. The football demo was cool, put this tool in the hand of competent developers, and prepare to be amazed. If Take Two comes out with a football game that uses this, consider my 360 bought the week it comes out. Good research on the patent application, I wonder what Intense contact controls are. I work closely with the patent office, perhaps some in depth research is in order.

luckym 09-15-2005 04:23 AM

wow, that TACKLING video was great!!! Man, talk about wetting the appetite for a football game that uses this technology... mmmm, yummy.

LBzrule 09-15-2005 08:21 AM

The way tackling, break tackling would occur in that engine is exactly what was being discussed eariler. Context + weight of players + velocity of players = certain outcome. Too bad it was reported that some people at EA did not know what naturalmotion was :( If any game needs this the most it's theirs :(

B. Gumbel 09-15-2005 08:42 AM

somebody call EA and tell them about this:waytogo:

Peter_OS 09-15-2005 08:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by B. Gumbel
somebody call EA and tell them about this:waytogo:

Ok will do. :waytogo: