Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   IGN confirms recent Madden next gen pics are from early build (/forums/showthread.php?t=141837)

reaver 09-17-2005 06:19 PM

IGN confirms recent Madden next gen pics are from early build

Quote:

From IGN

"I remember the first time I saw the videos of the "supposed" next-gen Madden at E3 for the Xbox 360, it looked beautiful. EA of course confirmed it was not real in-game footage, just a simple rendering of what the game would look like. EA even went as far as to say they didn't want to release those because the real game would look better.

Recently, through Pepsi's and Burger King's promotions, videos of EA's real Madden "Next Gen" have come out, and they look maybe comparable to NFL 2k5 which was released on XBOX LAST YEAR!

IGN, being the source of all wisdom in the universe (not including the moon of course), must have found out more about this title, are these early builds or are they closed to the finished product. There is a lot of controversy surrounding the subject, we need IGN to shed some light upon this. Please.

--------------------------------------------------------------------

We did look into the matter by speaking with EA directly about the Burger King shots and video. We asked, begged, and pleaded to have them give us those shots and video, with an explanation of why they look like they do, but EA wouldn't have any of it. We're told those are old images and video, and they are not representative of the current game. Those were taken awhile back, and I suspect that they were grabbed using an early Beta kit. So, while I am personally not expecting the world to explode with gorgeous new Madden images with this next version, those are definitely not what the final game will look like. We're going to see Madden next week in an eyes-on preview, so perhaps we can talk about how good/bad it's looking via a final debug kit version then. To conclude, those shots are rubbish; EA knows it, we know it, and thankfully, according to EA, you won't have to worry. Madden NFL 06 will look better than that. *Crosses fingers*
Good news I guess. We'll see in a week if they're right.

jdros13 09-17-2005 06:37 PM

Re: IGN confirms recent Madden next gen pics are from early build

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaver

"We'll see" is correct...I'm not holding my breath.

geoshnas2005 09-17-2005 06:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by reaver

I wonder if we can return punts this year?

nofearsp2007 09-17-2005 06:58 PM

:y220: Please be true:y220:

deejay8595 09-17-2005 07:34 PM

Link???

LetsGo0akland 09-17-2005 07:46 PM

Exactly, we will just have to see. It's all propaganda and such until we find out the truth in the coming months.

dagger55 09-17-2005 07:57 PM

its from the mailbag...
http://xbox.ign.com/mail/

just like i said, if we write to IGN, they will get an answer for us....

Just as i thought, those screens were from an early build.

It will be intresting to see how much progress EA has made with the preview coming out next week