Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Play Action Pass Success! (/forums/showthread.php?t=144234)

CountryField04 10-03-2005 11:31 PM

Play Action Pass Success!

I use to avoid calling them because they never played out as well in the game as in the game but now those plays are part of my attack along with the occasional successful screen pass to the HB.

During my last game, I hit Chris Chambers on a post after a fake hand off to R. Brown for a 79 yard TD. Later, in the game I hit R. Brown on a screen pass to pick-up a first down on 3 and 4 from the 50.

Yesterday, I turned a screen pass into a 60+ yard TD with the Seattle Seahawks early in the game on my way to a win. I also used PA passing to set-up my inside power running game.

Shogun Assassin 10-04-2005 12:22 AM

Re: Play Action Pass Success!

Feels good, don't it?

It's all about calling playaction at the right time. I sometimes call playaction from a two tight end set using the tight end on the away side to max protect while I slide protect to the playside. If it's playaction w/ a rollout, I slide protect away from the playside and max protect w/ the TE to playside. He stays in front if the QB and takes out the end's legs, giving the QB a clear passing lane.

LetsGo0akland 10-04-2005 12:33 AM

Re: Play Action Pass Success!

The best play to run is the Bootleg to a tight end running a post, works well for me if they do not overload the right side.