Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Custom Playbooks Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=144266)

LetsGo0akland 10-04-2005 05:46 AM

Custom Playbooks Thread

I was just screwing around here and noticed create plays, something I didn't even know you could do in Madden. Anyway, that's not what I wanted to say.

I was wondering where was a good place to find real-life playbooks? The game has some generic ones - Run 'N' Gun, etc. What about others? Can you edit a team's playbook?

Now I know playbooks have many flaws - no use in franchise, only 78 plays for offense but hopefully this catches on and could be turned into a sticky. I would love to use my own playbook, maybe even rummage up my high school football playbook and make "SRV - D. Kravitz" for old times.

Shogun Assassin 10-04-2005 06:10 AM

Re: Custom Playbooks Thread

Do a google search on the west coast offense - a whole bunch of links come up - some point you to websites that'll allow you to download whole playbooks, others you can view them in powerpoint or pdf format. You can probably find other offenses on the net, too. I've recently bought CD-ROMS w/ pro and college playbooks on ebay - you can also check there.

LetsGo0akland 10-04-2005 03:18 PM

Okay cool, thanks. I'll post whatever playbooks I come up with including the formations. I wanted to use some Power I specifically.

LetsGo0akland 10-05-2005 06:48 PM

What offenses and defenses are omitted from the game?

frago 10-05-2005 07:03 PM

Doesnt really have any plays but here is a good writeup on the Coryell offense.

http://www.geocities.com/epark/raide...l-offense.html

LetsGo0akland 10-05-2005 07:05 PM

I found a site with 6-2 defense, 5-2 defense, etc. and I do not see those in the generic playbook section so could I use those as a custom playbook to make? Or am I thinking of formations and not actual defensive schemes?

bgeno 10-05-2005 07:32 PM

NFL teams dont run 6-2 and 5-2... those are more high school and midget football defenses. Actually, i take that back... a lot of 3-4 defenses are like a 5-2 because the outside linebackers are up on the line a lot, but that's it.

LetsGo0akland 10-05-2005 07:43 PM

So what offenses and defenses are missing from the game? Any? I suppose I could find playbooks of coaches from the past.