Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Do you think madden will fulfill your needs? (/forums/showthread.php?t=144428)

jetsfansiny79 10-05-2005 05:36 AM

Do you think madden will fulfill your needs?

After seeing some of those video's I am pretty impressed for the most part. Yes their are little things here and there that need some fixing. Overall this game is shaping up to be a next gen football game so far. The video of the Bengals Vs the Eagles gives you 2 quick gameplay plays that shows us what it will look like when we are gonna drop back and pass. The playcalling screen is unbeilvable, the stadiums are extremley deatiled and look amazing. The presentation does look decent, but I still need to see some more vids to get a better idea. The intro of the Bucs is pretty neat alteast we know it not gonna be like current gen madden where al michaels says about 2 sentences then it goes right to the coin toss. I still need to see some more videos to see how the running game and how the defense reacts. With more vidoes we will get to see some of the new animations.Hopefully some more will be out today or later this week to really get a even better idea where this game is going.

Xbox 360 with Hardrive $399$ with tax (Florida) $23.94 = $422.94

Madden NFL 06 (360) $59.99 with tax $3.59 = $63.59

Total= $486.53

LetsGo0akland 10-05-2005 06:47 AM

Re: Do you think madden will fulfill your needs?

Will the 360 come with a game at all? Whatever happened to the days of a system coming bundled with one game - Nintendo and Duck Hunt (I think other games were available, too, not sure which. Donkey Kong might be one), Sega Genesis and Sonic the Hedgehog, did any others? Did Halo come with the X-Box? My X-Box came with the Incredible Hulk but that was because it was from the under the cap Mountain Dew game when the Incredible Hulk was in theaters. SNES? N64? PS1? Sega CD? Sega Saturn (Virtua Cop was awesome)? Dreamcast? PS2? X-Box? Gamecube?

deejay8595 10-05-2005 07:17 AM

Yeah...EA better fix the momentum while the players are running though.I only saw the bucs vs packers clip.

FlyingFinn 10-05-2005 07:41 AM

Based solely on what has been shown so far, I say No. Graphically, the game looks where near "target video" shown during the draft which was SUPPOSE to have been an under-estimate of the graphics.

BOOKOO 10-05-2005 10:49 AM

We need to see a long run with a spin move, broken tackle..or a deep touchdown pass..somethin like that.

deejay8595 10-05-2005 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by BOOKOO
We need to see a long run with a spin move, broken tackle..or a deep touchdown pass..somethin like that.

I feel you man..

I want EA to release their own promo video because these direct feed videos are choppy as hell.

SageInfinite 10-05-2005 11:05 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejay8595
I feel you man..

I want EA to release their own promo video because these direct feed videos are choppy as hell.

I definatly feel you on that. I would like to see EA put a gameplay video together or some type of new trailer with in game footage. Like what Sega did on NBA 2k6 for 360.

BIGBIZZLE 10-05-2005 11:44 AM

Shizzzt it better fulfill my needs for $500. At least I know it will look better than what we have now, however looks don't always matter it's what is inside what counts, right guys :y11:
However I may be alone on this but when I see Madden 360 pics of the players, not the stadiums only the players I think of NFL Fever for some odd reason.