Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   agree or disagree?...**long read** (/forums/showthread.php?t=144967)

deejay8595 10-08-2005 04:30 PM

agree or disagree?...**long read**

[
Quote:

Originally Posted by sm27
Prepare to get good and mad then....I have been the biggest fan of Madden Football, and the Hardest working SOB in getting good gameplay out of madden ,( see last years Manifesto as well as NUMEROUS sets of sliders that I have made for Literally Hundreds and Hundreds of guys) to the point that I actually ReRated 2016 Players in THIS years game in order to try and get the Gameplay right, as well as spending 5 weeks on Coaching sliders....I can tell you that the reason the "Collision Detection" is still not quite right and that players are still "Sliding around" in this "Hands On Preview" is because.....wait for it....thats right... IT IS THE SAME ENGINE!! What you are going to get for Xbox 360 is a "Ported" version of what you are playing, and Have been playing for the last 4 YEARS! Yeah sure, they have added "Three Times the Animations".....So what. You can bet your bottom dollar that all of these "Extra" animations in the "Next Gen"(chuckle) Madden, are just Animations from the Motion capture Studio for the last three years that they couldn't get into the game because the Ps2 Hardware (no Hard drive) could not support the load time it would take to render all of these "new" animations. What you are about to spend $49.99 on for the Game + Whatever XBOX 360 costs, is the madden game you could have had LAST YEAR or TWO YEARS ago for XBOX if they weren't obliged to sony not to put out a game that was better on one system over another!....they NEVER EVER tapped into the full potential of the XBOX because of this very reason. That is why the games are almost Identicle on the two systems NOW. The Fact that the reviewer brings up these two issues says EVERYTHING. He is telling you RIGHT THERE that the engine is exactly the same Gameplay engine we have had for years by bringing up those two KEY ISSUES that are a signature of this piece of shyte we all bought yet AGAIN this year!
We have been getting screwed up the azz by these guys for years now, and you think that it is suddenly going to get BETTER?...LOL.... NO FRIGGIN WAY!

The one shot we have....and I mean the ONE SHOT we have to get a noticeable change for the better from EA/Tiburon, is to make this XBOX 360 version of madden 2006 tank so miserably, that they are FORCED and PRESSURED by the NFL legal department and LOW SALES to actually CREATE A NEW MADDEN AND THROW THIS MISERABLE PIECE OF CRAP ENGINE AWAY for Madden 2007 when the Ps2 and Xbox 360 have comparable Hardware. Or even better for the NFL to recieve so many complaints, and negative feedback on the horrible representation that the league is getting from these Idiots that they sue Tiburon for breach of contract, and force EA to either employ another Development studio or lose the licensing deal altogether....If EA's hand is Forced they WILL use another studio. Tiburon Has COMPLETELY dropped the ball on the entire Madden Franchise for the last three years...They Have not and will not change/Develop new Madden Technology unless FORCED TO. The More of you guys that go out and by the 360 and MADDEN, the less likely we will see ANY improvement in Madden for the next FIVE YEARS. As long as they are uncontested, and hold exclusivity on the NFL Brand, you can kiss Bug free Realistic Gameplay goodby until the NFL deal is Up for bid once again in 2010.

The whole reason that the Sim Engine, Punts, and a million other things are "Broke" in this years game is to Shamelessly force YOU the "Addict" to buy ANOTHER VERSION OF THE GAME (Madden 360) in november... These ARE NOT BUGS OR GLITCHES! These deficiencies were implemented PURPOSLY so you would HAVE to buy the new Game/Console and so EA could improve it's negotiating position with MICROSOFT and SONY, by showing a direct connection between the sales of Madden and the sales of the new console. That is why they always ask you to participate in the survey when you register online for your online account. So that they can ask you what if any other games you have/play, and then show that data to Microsoft and sony when cutting their Deal....It is strictly Business, although this may be the first time in history that actually putting out a BAD product could INCREASE sales and Marketing position in the future. Don't be fooled yet again by this Corporate Marketing Ploy. You have already seen Bait and Switch in the original CGI Madden next gen "Trailor" that has absolutely NOTHING TO DO with what you are getting all hyped up for in two months.

Back in the 60's and Early 70's, Toy makers used to use this same marketing strategy whenever doing comercials for TV for different "Action" toys like GI Joe and others. They would always have the Toys set up on some Miniature Beach or Jungle set, with Trees, sand, water, smoke etc... Little Kids used to think that is what they were getting when they bought the Toy, but when they got it home, it was just a cheap plastic doll. Congress actually passed a Law to implement guidelines for what advertisers could and couldn't get away with in representing what these various toys were capable of. Why do you think that You haven't seen any actual "Gameplay" footage yet? If it really was a "totaly new Game" they would have examples of the gameplay all over the freaking internet. Everything you see has no "Contact"....That is because if you DID see contact animations or screen captures, you would be able to spot in a half a second the same Crappy Engine at work that you have been struggling with for the last three or more years.....Arms/Limbs going THROUGH bodies....Players running into each other and bouncing off like Ball bearings in a pinball machine..All players playing the same...BLAH BLAH BLAH. Everything I have seen has just been Newer versions of the same line of thinking that brought us "Create a Fan".

Our standards have not gone up for the last three years, but our ability to "Look Past" defeciencies has grown. It seems we are more willing now than ever before to forgive the Crap they have been selling us and just Settle for it. The Reason their is NO Punting game this year is because they Did not Bother to fix the Punt return Fumble Glitch from last year..All they did was HIDE the problem by hard coding the punt to either go Out of Bounds, or to have Defenders in the face of the Returner so he would call Fair Catch everytime....That is how they "Fixed" the Fumble Punt return "Glitch" from last year....These are the same people that fixed the Online Formation Shift Cheat by TURNING OFF FATIGUE!!!!....Gimme a Fuggin Break boys, Are you all REALLY this STUPID? If I had Seen Tiburon actually making an effort....ANY effort, for the last three years to improve this game, I would be more than willing to concede some gameplay anomalies here and there. The thing is...They don't try, they don't listen, and the are not held accountable for felonious advertizing/business practices. If there was another Game studio that had the money to develop a Kineticly Realistic Football game that was customizable That I could just name the players, teams, and League myself I would buy it in a heartbeat. As it is, it appears that my days of playing video Football are over. My Patience with this Company and the Premeditated Crap they try to pass off as Innocent technological "Glitches" has reached it's limit. To give these Bozo's one more dime of my money after knowing what I know now would just make me feel like a cheap, hopeless junky, Throwing away his self respect, and self esteem as he bends over and takes another one up the backside in order to get a bag of some wack, stepped on dope.

Tiburon and EA and any other hoplessly blind fanboys of the Gaming industries version of the Bush administration can kiss my Irish *** because They aren't getting another dime of my money. This won't be the last you hear of me. I intend on bringing this to the public light. Do you Think 60 minutes would be interested around Superbowl Week?....Let me see....Multimillion dollar Corporation+False advertizing+the National Football League?...Yeah I think Mike Wallace might take notice.....At least Andy Rooney..LOL
Incrediously,
Steve McGuire, (Sm27)

Mikejones1964 10-08-2005 04:37 PM

Re: agree or disagree?...**long read**

too long to read...can ya summarize?...But I do smell a 2k5 fanboy-like flavor to the post...Disagree

TheLetterZ 10-08-2005 04:40 PM

That's just ranting and raving.

ghm125 10-08-2005 04:43 PM

well he does have some points:y11:

myownsun 10-08-2005 04:44 PM

Good read though

Miles_Yuhas 10-08-2005 04:45 PM

Starting reading...but then realized that the guy was just getting all pissed because he thinks that Madden should be better, and that EA sucks.

Cry about it.

deejay8595 10-08-2005 04:58 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
too long to read...can ya summarize?...But I do smell a 2k5 fanboy-like flavor to the post...Disagree

He is far from a 2k fanboy..

My man spends countless hours I MEAN COUNTLESS working on sliders and coach sliders to fix the offline game for madden.

SageInfinite 10-08-2005 05:09 PM

He got too much time on his hands. I mean damn, is it really that serious?