Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden NFL 360 Super Bowl Edition? (/forums/showthread.php?t=145344)

VanillaGorilla 10-11-2005 02:19 PM

Madden NFL 360 Super Bowl Edition?

What would you guys say if, tommorrow, EA came out with a press release stating that Madden NFL 360 was being delayed until January, so that the development team has time to smooth out some of the gameplay issues? However, because of an extended delay, the game will now come with a Scenario Mode that lets you replay certain points in all 39 previous Super Bowls, complete with accurately detailed past Super Bowl stadiums, team jerseys, and player rosters (sans names, of course). Conceivably, it wouldn't be impossible for EA to iron out the animations and add all the Super Bowl additions by Late January. They could release the game the week before, or the week of the Super Bowl, when NFL interest is pretty much at it's peak, and you KNOW people would be jumping all over, mainly because A) It's Madden and B) By January, everyone will be sick of the current generation Madden 06.

Thoughts?

ballaholics 10-11-2005 02:22 PM

Re: Madden NFL 360 Super Bowl Edition?

They don't even need to add all those super bowl features. Just give us realistic animations. It would be worth the wait.

striker333 10-11-2005 02:23 PM

s i m e n g i n e

is the biggest thing I care about. :)

deejay8595 10-11-2005 02:24 PM

Its not happening....Just pick 2 old teams and imagine your in the super bowl...

why not delay the game until its right...not rushed

deejay8595 10-11-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striker333
s i m e n g i n e

Co-Sign...could really care less about the extra features now....focus on the ENGINE

VanillaGorilla 10-11-2005 02:25 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by striker333
s i m e n g i n e

You want it to play like The Sims?

striker333 10-11-2005 02:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by VanillaGorilla
You want it to play like The Sims?

:y4:

Funny.

MaddenMan 10-11-2005 02:32 PM

I haven't played the game and the animations are fine imo.

Steelerfan2k1 10-11-2005 03:59 PM

I don't know - maybe it's just me, but I don't expect the first Madden 360 to deliver much beyond the eye candy.

I think Madden 2007 (next Fall) is going to be an amazing game for both the 360 and PS3 (as it will hopefully be the second iteration of Madden on these next gen systems). I know that people don't like this kind of talk and feel that it lets EA off the hook, but, let's face it - every time we have a "next generation" of video games, the first year sports titles look good, but are unpolished. You don't see a really nice title until the second time around.

Madden was definitely like this for the PSX and PS2, and - for as great as the NFL2k series became on PS2 and XBox, it was pretty unpolished the first time around on the Dreamcast (even though I absolutely loved playing it that year, and NFL2K1 was a great game).

I guess I'm just more excited about the long term prospects of football on the next generation HD consoles. While I will be glad to play Madden 360 in November, I've been around the block long enough to have my expectations in moderation.

VanillaGorilla 10-11-2005 04:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Steelerfan2k1
I don't know - maybe it's just me, but I don't expect the first Madden 360 to deliver much beyond the eye candy.

I think Madden 2007 (next Fall) is going to be an amazing game for both the 360 and PS3 (as it will hopefully be the second iteration of Madden on these next gen systems). I know that people don't like this kind of talk and feel that it lets EA off the hook, but, let's face it - every time we have a "next generation" of video games, the first year sports titles look good, but are unpolished. You don't see a really nice title until the second time around.

Madden was definitely like this for the PSX and PS2, and - for as great as the NFL2k series became on PS2 and XBox, it was pretty unpolished the first time around on the Dreamcast (even though I absolutely loved playing it that year, and NFL2K1 was a great game).

I guess I'm just more excited about the long term prospects of football on the next generation HD consoles. While I will be glad to play Madden 360 in November, I've been around the block long enough to have my expectations in moderation.

People around here don't look at it like that. They think that since it's EA, that they should be exempt from these types of things. And I agree, first generation sports games (launch sports games) are ALWAYS rough around the edge, especially with the gameplay, but they get by with gorgeous graphics. NFL2K was the very definition. There was so many things wrong with that game (terrible running game, no pass rush on the CPU, unintuitive passing game, 8 direction running), but people loved it for it's graphics.

deejay8595 10-11-2005 04:11 PM

Quote:

People around here don't look at it like that. They think that since it's EA, that they should be exempt from these types of things. And I agree, first generation sports games (launch sports games) are ALWAYS rough around the edge, especially with the gameplay, but they get by with gorgeous graphics. NFL2K was the very definition. There was so many things wrong with that game (terrible running game, no pass rush on the CPU, unintuitive passing game, 8 direction running), but people loved it for it's graphics.

Thing is...From the looks so far

Madden Current Gen has smoother animations than Next Gen...HOW COULD THAT BE?

quietcool72 10-11-2005 04:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejay8595
Thing is...From the looks so far

Madden Current Gen has smoother animations than Next Gen...HOW COULD THAT BE?

Delay it, get it right, make it good. I don't care if its January when it comes out.

Microsoft, however, may have a different attitude on the matter.

deejay8595 10-11-2005 04:35 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietcool72
Delay it, get it right, make it good. I don't care if its January when it comes out.

Microsoft, however, may have a different attitude on the matter.

exactly....people won't be mad....Rather play currnet Gen if it is smoother ....

burnwood 10-11-2005 04:39 PM

Quote:

I like how EA supporters always are ready to concede until something else comes out later. ie., 'next year', 'ps3', 'super bowl edition', it's only '80%' done. blah blah...

cracks me up.

Jls24 10-11-2005 04:50 PM

not point to wait until January because if you did how many more features/improvements would 07 have just 8 months later?

spankdatazz22 10-11-2005 05:10 PM

I doubt they'll back down from releasing the game on Nov. 22nd. It's near-guaranteed money, regardless of the game's quality. One, there aren't a lot of launch titles to begin with. Two, they have the only licensed football game in town, right in the heart of the football season. I think what they'll do is concentrate on dazzling people with the eye candy in hopes that it'll overshadow focus on the gameplay.

The Broncos/Raiders vid had a ton of gameplay issues you could easily pick out in just 4min (and only three plays lol), but it was damn pretty. I don't think they'll worry about the game meeting some "high standard" - I've been reading about the PSP Madden causing all types of problems on people's systems, and EA still hasn't responded to it, for example. Long as Madden 360 doesn't get to the point where it's an embarrassment, it'll get released on Nov 22nd. I just can't see them putting the fans before money.

AndyP 10-11-2005 07:44 PM

Quote:

What would you guys say if, tommorrow, EA came out with a press release stating that Madden NFL 360 was being delayed until January, so that the development team has time to smooth out some of the gameplay issues?

There are gameplay issues ? I didn't even realise it had been released yet !

bigfnjoe96 10-11-2005 07:51 PM

For all the heat VC gets, it's funny how people love to see their concepts included in MADDEN.......

dkgojackets 10-11-2005 07:52 PM

Going back to the idea of this thread...

I love scenarios. The coolest features in any football game Ive played came from NFL QB Club 96 for the Genesis. There were FIFTY scenarios with which you take control of a team in a certain point of the game and try to alter the outcome, like try to make a defensive stand, complete a comeback, etc. It was so fun, and I never got through all of them =/

Another cool thing was an interesting "Create-a-team" where you got to create your team name and colors, then name and number a player at each position and run him through some fun practice things to improve him.

These things would be the **** if it came out in madden. I say wait as long as you need to to get the game done right,

Chubz 10-11-2005 08:06 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejay8595
why not delay the game until its right...not rushed

Money.