Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   San Francisco xbox360 preview (/forums/showthread.php?t=145726)

deejay8595 10-13-2005 11:39 PM

San Francisco xbox360 preview

The guy that went to the event posts on teamxbox so yall might want to register there to ask him questions..

http://forum.teamxbox.com/showthread...71#post6111771

"After attending the San Francisco xbox360 preview event, I got some hands-on time with Madden for the 360 and here are my impressions so far... Keep in mind that this isn't the final build of Madden so I'm expecting a lot of my complaints to change when it's finally done. It was run on the final 360 hardware.

To put it bluntly, it wasn't pretty. Although the stadium and fans were superb, with details ranging from hot dog stands to each individual audience member in full polygon, the game itself was choppy, glitchy, and worse, the controls were terrible. I know it's an early build but the screen shots did not match what I was seeing on screen. The players seemed a little disproportional, but enough about the graphics and framerates, which I suspect will be worked out in the end. Did I mention I saw players fly across the screen on some missed tackles like superman?

Anyway, the thing that kills me about Madden is that each year the controls seem to change and it feels like I'm playing a foreign game. I've been playing the current xbox 2006 version and it feels different, with different button layouts etc. I got the hang of it after a while but the controls still felt sloppy and the passes were frustrating (no thanks to the QB vision). Either the pass was perfect for an easy touchdown run or I threw into the crowd or an easy INT. The menu system is different as reported by other sites, where you can choose plays based on different formations or by player etc.

Overall IMO it was the least impressive game of the show (and I'm not even talking graphics and glitches) and I was really hoping for something great, being a Madden fan. All I gotta say for those of you pumped up for this game: don't get your expectations too high. I'm hoping EA can pull it together soon because there's a lot of potential but it's the whacky controls and just overall feel that left a bad impression. I'm not trying to bash on EA since Need for Speed Most Wanted was great."

spankdatazz22 10-13-2005 11:52 PM

Re: San Francisco xbox360 preview

That's the fear - they nail all the frill stuff like player faces and stadiums, but the game plays horribly or at best, meh. Those menu options look beautiful. The stadiums look beautiful. The movies EA themselves have put out look horrible - and those are brief looks. Talk about misplaced priorities.

NCHelix 10-14-2005 12:12 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by spankdatazz22
That's the fear - they nail all the frill stuff like player faces and stadiums, but the game plays horribly or at best, meh. Those menu options look beautiful. The stadiums look beautiful. The movies EA themselves have put out look horrible - and those are brief looks. Talk about misplaced priorities.

IGN even confirmed that at X05, EA's titles seemed half done. Definitely not a good sign. Nonetheless, Madden 360 will be much better than anything seen this generation.

Mintsa 10-14-2005 12:17 AM

Deejay.....this is off topic but did you catch any nba 2k6 while you were there???

lnin0 10-14-2005 01:00 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NCHelix
IGN even confirmed that at X05, EA's titles seemed half done. Definitely not a good sign. Nonetheless, Madden 360 will be much better than anything seen this generation.

maybe better than anything seen but beauty is only skin deep and it doesn't mean the game will be better playing than even the current gen madden.

NCHelix 10-14-2005 02:36 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by lnin0
maybe better than anything seen but beauty is only skin deep and it doesn't mean the game will be better playing than even the current gen madden.

Slapping better graphics on the same engine still (although crappy) is an improvement.

As for whether or not deejay saw NBA 2k6, I doubt it. I think he posted this quote from another person who saw and played the game.

deejay8595 10-14-2005 08:04 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mintsa
Deejay.....this is off topic but did you catch any nba 2k6 while you were there???

I wasn't there bro..my *** in philly..lol..

Go to the link I posted at the end because thats the guy you want to ask.

Badboy49er 10-14-2005 08:25 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by deejay8595
[img]
After attending the San Francisco xbox360 preview event, I got some hands-on time with Madden for the 360 and here are my impressions so far... Keep in mind that this isn't the final build of Madden so I'm expecting a lot of my complaints to change when it's finally done. It was run on the final 360 hardware.

To put it bluntly, it wasn't pretty. Although the stadium and fans were superb, with details ranging from hot dog stands to each individual audience member in full polygon, the game itself was choppy, glitchy, and worse, the controls were terrible. I know it's an early build but the screen shots did not match what I was seeing on screen. The players seemed a little disproportional, but enough about the graphics and framerates, which I suspect will be worked out in the end. Did I mention I saw players fly across the screen on some missed tackles like superman?

Anyway, the thing that kills me about Madden is that each year the controls seem to change and it feels like I'm playing a foreign game. I've been playing the current xbox 2006 version and it feels different, with different button layouts etc. I got the hang of it after a while but the controls still felt sloppy and the passes were frustrating (no thanks to the QB vision). Either the pass was perfect for an easy touchdown run or I threw into the crowd or an easy INT. The menu system is different as reported by other sites, where you can choose plays based on different formations or by player etc.

Overall IMO it was the least impressive game of the show (and I'm not even talking graphics and glitches) and I was really hoping for something great, being a Madden fan. All I gotta say for those of you pumped up for this game: don't get your expectations too high. I'm hoping EA can pull it together soon because there's a lot of potential but it's the whacky controls and just overall feel that left a bad impression. I'm not trying to bash on EA since Need for Speed Most Wanted was great.

Sloppy controls for the current Madden?? If Madden is anything.....it certainly isnt sloppy control wise.