Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Same ole scrioted animations... (/forums/showthread.php?t=145990)

jmood88 10-16-2005 11:55 AM

Re: Same ole scrioted animations...

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
Well...maybe its just time to stop playing Madden...I mean if you can't get what you want and your this frustrated:mad: ...maybe its time to just let the game go...Cryin and whining will not change anything:signball: ...I kinda see the same couple of guys crying and whining all day everyday:signball: ...Not sure there is anything that will make them happy...maybe its just time to accept the fact that Tiburon and EA will not make the game trhat you want...That may be less aggrevation for ya...I dunno.

I'm still of the mindset that I'll cry and whine :frown: and complain when I actually have a reason to. Thus far after 3 minutes of video and few screens some of you have already determined that there is no gang tackling, that tackling is not correct, that animations are all the same...etc...I mean if some of you are so sure on all that stuff why even get the game?...If I knew all you guys seem to know and was that disappointed (BEFORE THE GAME COMES OUT MIND YOU)...I'd hang up the ole controller.

IMO I hope that they make changes in the game and this years 2006 iteration of Madden is IMO the best football game made...If they only did a graphical update and it was the same game aside from a few problems (i.e. mario running, OL play etc) I would still enjoy the game. Albeit expecting more improvements in 2007.

I think alot of the suggestions are valid suggestions but...and I'll speak for myself...I really don't care about gang tackling to a degree that will cause me to complain about the game...Do I want to see it?..Sure but its not that miuch of a factor. I'll be happy with all the improvements that will be added to the next gen game but I simply have a different perspective in that I'm not expecting the world in the first shot. So no matter how you feel...meaning whether you believe EA is not doing enough or if you feel they are doing fine...You gotta keep it all in perspective. Most importantly you gotta wait until you get the damn game before you lodge your first complaint or make your first suggestion.

Just seems odd to complain when nobody has played or seen the game at 100% completion.

Years of seeing the same animations and unrealsitic tackling would seem like reason enough to complain.

Nza 10-16-2005 12:03 PM

I too consider a revampled tackling system something of a nice addition but not necessarily vital, however, that doesn't excuse the fact EA have neglected this area severely over the recent years. I can just barely accept the fact such a change was too tall of an order for the current gen and they just couldn't find time - barely. What I can't accept though is the same lacking system on a apparent enhanced engine - so while right now it is hard to tell what will be delivered, I will be very disappointed if they simply added a few animations and didn't significantly improve on the mechanics of in-game collisions.

poopie 10-16-2005 12:04 PM

i know this a madden thread but if you want to see real tackling in a football game go spend 2 bucks and get nfl 2k3. just watch the demo ,every tackle you wanna see was in that game. best i've ever seen

deejay8595 10-16-2005 12:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by jmood88
Years of seeing the same animations and unrealsitic tackling would seem like reason enough to complain.

Co-Sign.....

Why show a tackle animation from last years current gen ENGINE if you could easily show a new tackles from this years new engine. All im saying is based on that picture I showed I really don't have any hope for realistic tackles and tackles that the user can assist on.

Most of the Tackles in current gen madden you would never see in the NFL because the defensive players always land on thier feet.You never see NFL players just pushed guys 95% of the time..lol..but in MAdden they do it most of the time which creates an unrealistic animation.

PacMan3000 10-16-2005 12:39 PM

Mike...

I see where you are coming from, but you act like Madden football has NEVER come out before. You make it seem like people here have nothing to base their expectations for the next-gen on. I understand it's a new game, but the Madden brand is the Madden brand.

I also disagee about the "complaining and crying." People wouldn't come here and pick apart the game if they didn't truly care and want a better, improved product. And doing this also shows companies what the consumers want and expect. Now EA and Tiburon can do whatever they want. But if you are making a product that is supposed to be purchased by the consumer, I'd think you'd want to tailor it to what the consumer wants. They know people have issues with many things, like unrealistic tackles. Do we know for sure that they haven't fixed it? No. Maybe they have. But we do know that, based on the lack of improvements in Madden games on current gen, and based on the few videos and even some pictures we have seen so far, that that same unrealistic tackle animation is still in there. That animation should have easily been the first to go into the trash bin.

blackceasar 10-16-2005 12:45 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mikejones1964
Naw...I just don't believe in crying and whining until there is actually something to cry and whine about...Lets see the game 1st then lodge complaints
:waytogo:

How does anybody know what the tackling system is like on Next gen???...I sure don't.

While part of me tends to agree with you, it would be different if this was EA's first or even 2nd football title Next gen or not. The reality is that people DO have a right to be very skeptical of EA based off of thier past repeated performance. What if you had really bad credit because you always balked on your credit cards and loans banks had given you and you walked into yet ANOTHER bank wanting a loan and they looked at your credit history and said "nah, I dont think so dude" are you gonna get mad at them and say "hey you dont know what Im gonna do as far as paying you back, why dont you loan me the 20,000 buck first and then find out before making assumptions"..they will laugh you right out of the bank dude. EA has a long track record already in which people can make "educated" guesses on. Instead of being so quick to defend EA maybe you should take a breather and check thier track record for yourself. Would you marry a chick who cheated on her last 4 husbands? Didnt think so...but who knows you might still give her the benefit of the doubt even though. I wouldnt.

SageInfinite 10-16-2005 12:47 PM

Quote:

Most of the Tackles in current gen madden you would never see in the NFL
I cant agree with that statement. A tackle is a tackle. I cant say Ive never seen the tackles they have in madden in actual football games. Some of them are less pratical in real game situations, but Ive seen every kinda of tackle, except the old shotgun in tha back tackle. That one was rediculous, and its been gone for years. EVERY NFL game ever made has had some dumb tackle animations, even the game some of you praise so much,lol. Bottom line tho, Madden needs to make the tackle system more complex to allow more collisions to happen.

blackceasar 10-16-2005 12:51 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Mike...

I see where you are coming from, but you act like Madden football has NEVER come out before. You make it seem like people here have nothing to base their expectations for the next-gen on. I understand it's a new game, but the Madden brand is the Madden brand.

I also disagee about the "complaining and crying." People wouldn't come here and pick apart the game if they didn't truly care and want a better, improved product. And doing this also shows companies what the consumers want and expect. Now EA and Tiburon can do whatever they want. But if you are making a product that is supposed to be purchased by the consumer, I'd think you'd want to tailor it to what the consumer wants. They know people have issues with many things, like unrealistic tackles. Do we know for sure that they haven't fixed it? No. Maybe they have. But we do know that, based on the lack of improvements in Madden games on current gen, and based on the few videos and even some pictures we have seen so far, that that same unrealistic tackle animation is still in there. That animation should have easily been the first to go into the trash bin.

You hit the nail on the head..but the reason why I dont get my hopes too high about anything EA does anymore is because they arent making the games for people like you and me. They make them for the clueless ones who buy the product cuz its on TV all the time and they know the Madden name. When you have a fanbase like that, you DONT have to put in any more effort or do anything different or improve anything. If I had a home for sale that was run down, plumbing was outdated, carpets now filthy, etc etc and I told you I want 150k for the house and you said NO, but I had 200 other people lined up ready to buy it as is for that price I wouldnt care that you think the home isnt worth that much. Why would I care when there are 200 other people out there who will buy it as is? Thats pretty much the EA way now. But I agree with you dude...this ISNT EA's first game..sure its first next gen but still.. some EA heads up in here act like EA should be given a break cuz its next gen when the things we wanted to see fixed were things we have been talking about for years now on the current gen. Im starting to understand that if they havent fixed it by now on the current gen, they probably arent bothering to fix it on the next gen either. Unlike some people on these boards I just refuse to turn a blind eye to this stuff. Im done with giving EA free passes when they have ran out of them a long time ago. Of course we could just do what EA heads in here do and say "next year!"..so when next year comes around we can then say "next year!" once again..and again..and again..and the cycle can just continue.