Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   How about some advice inside the 5? (/forums/showthread.php?t=146244)

J0nnD0ugh 10-18-2005 01:59 AM

How about some advice inside the 5?

I'm having trouble punching it in close. I can't read if the D is in zone or man if I'm in goalline. The zones the D plays seems to cover the entire field w/just 3 players. & you have to get rid of it quickly or its a guaranteed sack. Quick hitters up the middle seem to just end u in traffic jams @ the LOS.

VTPack919 10-18-2005 10:57 AM

Re: How about some advice inside the 5?

I usually punch it up the middle with my FB or QB, passes to the flats seem to work well too.

The triple option is nice there too......

Mizzou23 10-18-2005 01:06 PM

I've had some success running the toss sweep in the goalline formation, which is surprising because it usually never works.

TheBoredGuy 10-18-2005 02:20 PM

For passing, try the playaction pass where the three tight ends all go the same direction. I usually will hot route the weak side TE to block, and roll out to the strong side. If they are in a zone, the farthest TE will usually be open for a second or so, enough to rocket the ball to him. If they are man, you can toss it to the closest TE or try and run it in.

As for runs, except for dives, you got me. I can have an O-line full of 99's and still get stopped for a loss on most of the goalline running plays.

Blaxican8504 10-18-2005 04:48 PM

I usually go 4 or 5 wide and give it to the RB, throw it, or scramble with the QB.

J0nnD0ugh 10-18-2005 11:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou23
I've had some success running the toss sweep in the goalline formation, which is surprising because it usually never works.

Is that you Yogi Berra?

I had no trouble before just muscling my way to the goal before. But now in year 3 its become nearly impossible. I've been adjusting sliders along the way, so there may have been something there that affected it. Right now, I've just about abandoned goalline @ the goalline. I've gone to spreading it out. Which goes against my philosophy in football. If you can't push the D back for 1 yd, you don't deserve to win.

Mizzou23 10-19-2005 12:45 PM

Haha, I should have said that I've had success using the toss at the goal line, which is surprising because the toss usually doesn't work when you're between the 20's. Should have been a little more clear.

Quote:

Originally Posted by J0nnD0ugh
Is that you Yogi Berra?

I had no trouble before just muscling my way to the goal before. But now in year 3 its become nearly impossible. I've been adjusting sliders along the way, so there may have been something there that affected it. Right now, I've just about abandoned goalline @ the goalline. I've gone to spreading it out. Which goes against my philosophy in football. If you can't push the D back for 1 yd, you don't deserve to win.

taruncheel 10-19-2005 08:16 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Mizzou23

This has worked for me as well. So does a strong formation fb blast or fb over. Just a thought.