Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   ESPN license and no tv style presentation (/forums/showthread.php?t=146360)

twflawless 10-18-2005 09:59 PM

ESPN license and no tv style presentation

From what is being talked about madden 360 is built from the ground up including the new no-tv style presentation, including no tv play by play , and the scoreboards in the stadium bringing replays to the screen to name a few

What is the thinking behind not having a resemblence to a tv broadcast? They get the ESPN license for next season and are setting the engine up to run like this makes no sense. I am looking forward to the game but I like the way 2k5 brought the espn broadcast to life. If this is how they want the next gen engine to run hopefully it is just filler until next years license kicks in. One would think they would have to implement it into the presentation aspect of the game by making it seem like a tv broadcast. I like where ea is going with the on field feel of the presentation but i also like to feel like i'm sitting home with a couple of brews watching a tv broadcast but actually playing it.

Beantown 10-18-2005 10:01 PM

Re: ESPN license and no tv style presentation

Well they can't use the ESPN brand until 06 so I, like others, are just assuming they they didnt want to spend a lot of time beefing up the presentation when they'll have to re-do it all next year.

Who knows.

TheLetterZ 10-18-2005 10:04 PM

More of an opportunity for them to shows off the new graphics too.

LionsFan20 10-18-2005 10:08 PM

I think that they are going to try and make the ESPN licensing a HUGE selling point for the 07 edition. Making it look like your watching Sunday Night Football.

Heelfan71 10-18-2005 10:08 PM

seems like they are going for a more 'on field' feel to the game. :y11:

dagger55 10-18-2005 10:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by LionsFan20
I think that they are going to try and make the ESPN licensing a HUGE selling point for the 07 edition. Making it look like your watching Sunday Night Football.

actually in 06 it will be monday night football :waytogo:

nemesis04 10-18-2005 10:11 PM

I think they are going in this direction mainly because of the amount of detail that is being put into the stadiums. Exact seating, 3d crowds, more animation.
They want to show it off.

ObiWanJenkins 10-18-2005 10:13 PM

It is my understanding that the ESPN does not become effective until January 1, 2006. If this is true, that would be the reason why there is no ESPN presentation in this year's game. It will definitely be in the 2006 release of Madden.