Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Gameplay Positives from the Vids (/forums/showthread.php?t=148169)

LBzrule 11-02-2005 10:36 PM

Gameplay Positives from the Vids

What are some positives you see from the vids this week?

One Postive I see in the Falcons vs Bucs vid.

The WR actually found a real hole in the zone, the QB was able to pass through a passing lane without a defender jumping 5 feet sideways or 5 feet up in the air like Michael Jordan to swat it. The linebacker mirrored the WR that went back inside which opened up that passing lane. Maybe passing will not be so constricted in this game. That's a plus. But it could also be a minus - but this thread is for pluses only. Thanks

CptObvious 11-02-2005 10:42 PM

Re: Gameplay Positives from the Vids

Quote:

Originally Posted by LBzrule
What are some positives you see from the vids this week?

One Postive I see in the Falcons vs Bucs vid.

The WR actually found a real hole in the zone, the QB was able to pass through a passing lane without a defender jumping 5 feet sideways or 5 feet up in the air like Michael Jordan to swat it. The linebacker mirrored the WR that went back inside which opened up that passing lane. Maybe passing will not be so constricted in this game. That's a plus. But it could also be a minus - but this thread is for pluses only. Thanks

Also notice that the bucs WR switches the ball to his outside hand, but it wasnt part of a stiffarm animation, he just appeared to do it right before he got hit.

RaginCajun 11-02-2005 11:02 PM

The freaking detail on the helmets amazes me.

The way Griese leaned back and through off his back foot looked really good.

The juke animation by LT was sweet.

The close ups of the QBs and Clayton looked awesome.

"Lord Byron looks to throw." was hilarious.

RaginCajun 11-03-2005 01:16 AM

Hmm...the optimistic thread only gets two replies in two hours. That should tell us something.

NCHelix 11-03-2005 01:24 AM

It's hard to point out anything too specific, since I think in general, it just looked smoother and more realistic than anything I've seen so far.

I just need to get my hands on it to really get a feel for how the game plays.

It's really easy to nitpick 20 second videos when you get just one chunk of action at a time and you can watch it slowly and stare at it and examine every detail. Gameplay shines when you just play the game and don't concentrate on the smallest details though, and that's what I'll wait to do before I pass judgement.

DickDalewood 11-03-2005 01:33 AM

I think it looks great. I'm super excited for this game :cheers444

Rback21 11-03-2005 01:35 AM

I like the graphics/player models, the stadiums, and so far no "superman" pass defenders. I think Madden is going to surprise alot of people...positively.

Deltron 11-03-2005 02:25 AM

I liked the speed at which the WRs were running their routes. They didn't seem as sluggish as I remeber other Maddens -- it seemed like they were hustling through their routes.

It looks more realistic and I think it will make for smoother gameplay.