Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 360 in stores Nov. 17th (/forums/showthread.php?t=148475)

HoodedSoldier 11-05-2005 02:20 PM

Madden 360 in stores Nov. 17th

Don't know if many of you seen the ad on ign but it's coming out on the 17th even though we'll have nothing to play it you'll be able to pick your copy up. I'm sure some stores won't sell it until the 22nd though.

aholbert32 11-05-2005 02:22 PM

Re: Madden 360 in stores Nov. 17th

Quote:

Originally Posted by HoodedSoldier
Don't know if many of you seen the ad on ign but it's coming out on the 17th even though we'll have nothing to play it you'll be able to pick your copy up. I'm sure some stores won't sell it until the 22nd though.

Nah, they are all selling them on the 17th. Stores want peopl to pick up th games earlier so that it will speed up the checkout time of people picking up the 360 on the 22nd.

Troller 11-05-2005 03:05 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by aholbert32
Nah, they are all selling them on the 17th. Stores want peopl to pick up th games earlier so that it will speed up the checkout time of people picking up the 360 on the 22nd.

That's not really the reason at all. If you release on the same day as 20 other games, you tend to get lost in the shuffle. Each game wants it's own celebrated release point, and since gamers will probably pick up at the most 3 games on launch day, by releasing it on a day unique to others, you stand a better chance of moving units.

RebelBuckeye 11-05-2005 06:56 PM

...oh great, here come all THESE genius threads........:waytogo:

Skyboxer 11-05-2005 11:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troller
That's not really the reason at all. If you release on the same day as 20 other games, you tend to get lost in the shuffle. Each game wants it's own celebrated release point, and since gamers will probably pick up at the most 3 games on launch day, by releasing it on a day unique to others, you stand a better chance of moving units.

Actually it is the reason according Gamestop. I specifically ask this question to them and the answer was to help make the release day of the 360 more streamlined and less waiting in line.

Troller 11-05-2005 11:59 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Skyboxer
Actually it is the reason according Gamestop. I specifically ask this question to them and the answer was to help make the release day of the 360 more streamlined and less waiting in line.

Gamestop and other stores don't decide when a game is released. EA or any game manufacturer couldn't care less about gridlock at stores or how busy they get.

ObiWanJenkins 11-06-2005 12:02 AM

Quote:

Gamestop and other stores don't decide when a game is released. EA or any game manufacturer couldn't care less about gridlock at stores or how busy they get.

Yeah, but the stores do have input. EA's going to push more product if the game is out before the system.

kodiak 11-06-2005 03:05 AM

Quote:

No but when GS, Walmart, ect are the ones actually paying EA, they listen. But both theories are right.

MNOFSTEEL34 11-06-2005 10:53 AM

so for 5 days we have to read the manual!!!

aholbert32 11-06-2005 11:09 AM

Quote:

I'm sorry but you are wrong. According to gamestop here are the games scheduled to ship on the 17th. Madden, Live, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Project Gotham, Tony Hawk, Tiger Woods, FIFA, Gun and Call of Duty. Thats 9 games. There goes your unique release day theory.

Troller 11-06-2005 05:46 PM

Quote:

I'm sorry but you are wrong. According to gamestop here are the games scheduled to ship on the 17th. Madden, Live, Perfect Dark, Kameo, Project Gotham, Tony Hawk, Tiger Woods, FIFA, Gun and Call of Duty. Thats 9 games. There goes your unique release day theory.

Whether you agree with my "theory" (lol) or not is okay. Don't get so upset with something you may disagree with, and try not to take yourself so seriously. My point was not that Madden would be the only game released on the 17th, but that releasing on that day would sidestep the release along with 25 other games on one day. If 9 other games come out on the 17th, that's far better than 20+ in terms of a consumer having to make a decision about how to spend his/her dollar. If you believe that is wrong, well, ok then, but where's the anger and hostility coming from? I'm not sure I get your angle. I guess you have the right to be angry.....but why? And about what?

aholbert32 11-06-2005 06:17 PM

Quote:

Whether you agree with my "theory" (lol) or not is okay. Don't get so upset with something you may disagree with, and try not to take yourself so seriously. My point was not that Madden would be the only game released on the 17th, but that releasing on that day would sidestep the release along with 25 other games on one day. If 9 other games come out on the 17th, that's far better than 20+ in terms of a consumer having to make a decision about how to spend his/her dollar. If you believe that is wrong, well, ok then, but where's the anger and hostility coming from? I'm not sure I get your angle. I guess you have the right to be angry.....but why? And about what?

LOL,im not angry at all. When someone throws out a theory or disagrees they should usually have some facts to back that up. You said I was wrong and that Madden was coming out on the 17th because EA wanted a unique release day(your words). I showed you that was wrong because there are 9 other games releasing on that same day so its not really unique. Also there arent 20 games coming out on launch day. There are 12 and 9 of those games are actually coming out on the 17th.

I'm not angry or hostile...im just correcting you.

Troller 11-06-2005 06:54 PM

Quote:

LOL,im not angry at all. When someone throws out a theory or disagrees they should usually have some facts to back that up. You said I was wrong and that Madden was coming out on the 17th because EA wanted a unique release day(your words). I showed you that was wrong because there are 9 other games releasing on that same day so its not really unique. Also there arent 20 games coming out on launch day. There are 12 and 9 of those games are actually coming out on the 17th.

I'm not angry or hostile...im just correcting you.

I guess I was wrong and you aren't angry. I just checked the release dates, and Kameo was just moved up the 7th(Tomorrow) and madden to the 16th, and quake stays at the 14th. These companies are jockeying for position to get their own day if they can. No other game will release on the 16th or 17th other than madden according to ign, gamespot, ect. Usually the guys in the actual stores have less accurate info than the gaming sites from my experience. The release dates are changing by the minute.

aholbert32 11-06-2005 06:59 PM

Quote:

I guess I was wrong and you aren't angry. I just checked the release dates, and Kameo was just moved up the 7th(Tomorrow) and madden to the 16th, and quake stays at the 14th. These companies are jockeying for position to get their own day if they can. No other game will release on the 16th or 17th other than madden according to ign, gamespot, ect. Usually the guys in the actual stores have less accurate info than the gaming sites from my experience. The release dates are changing by the minute.

Ign and Gamespot arent the best places to go for release dates but I see your point. Try Ebgames or Gamestop.

Troller 11-06-2005 07:00 PM

Madden ships on the 16th, but no other game is set to ship on that date, so as of now, officially, madden will arrive before every game except two. Kameo (monday) and quake (next monday). Where are you getting this infom about 9 games coming out on the 17th? I'm saying besides some guy at the local store.

jpup 11-06-2005 07:30 PM

Quote:

Madden ships on the 16th, but no other game is set to ship on that date, so as of now, officially, madden will arrive before every game except two. Kameo (monday) and quake (next monday). Where are you getting this infom about 9 games coming out on the 17th? I'm saying besides some guy at the local store.

according to EB, Madden ships on the 15th.

Kameo 11/7
PGR 2 11/14
Condemned 11/15
Call of Duty 11/15
THAW 11/15
Gun 11/15
Tiger Woods 11/15
NFS 11/15
FIFA 11/15
Madden 11/15
Live 11/15
NBA 2k6 11/15
Amped 11/15
PDZ 11/16
DOA 4 11/18
Quake 11/20
King Kong 11/21
NHL 2k6 11/21
Ridge Racer 11/22
College Hoops 1/1

That's the list according to EB. They are usually the first with release dates and are most accurate.

Here's a short list from Gamestop:

Kameo: Elements of Power 11/09
Call of Duty 2 11/15
Gun 11/15
Madden NFL 06 11/15
NBA Live 06 11/15
NFS: Most Wanted 11/15
Tony H. Amer. Wasteland 11/15
Perfect Dark Zero 11/17
Project Gotham Racing 3 11/17
Dead or Alive 4 11/18
Quake 4 11/18

Looks like the 15th to me.

aholbert32 11-06-2005 08:09 PM

Quote:

I got it from Eb but it looks likes they changed it to the 15. 9 games are coming out on that day.

NCHelix 11-07-2005 02:29 AM

I guess it's just 8-10 days away. That's insane, next gen is seriously right around the corner.

jpup 11-07-2005 03:08 AM

Quote:

I got it from Eb but it looks likes they changed it to the 15. 9 games are coming out on that day.

believe it or not, Wal-Mart has had the 15th all along, well every since I preordered. I just checked my e-mail at it said "will arrive by November 16."

DirkOwnsAll 11-07-2005 05:41 PM

I called two different Gamestops in my town, and got two different answers, which is actually the norm for them.

Gamestop A said that they would be releasing the games next week when they arrive, and if anything was pre-ordered, you would get a phone call, blah blah blah.

Gamestop B said that they would be getting the games in next week, but would NOT be releasing anything until the release of the XBox 360.

I frequent both of these stores quite often, as they are about 10 minutes apart. Both of the people I talked to were store managers. Then again, one of them told me that second shipment of the 360 would arrive DEFINITELY within 2 weeks of the first, and the other guy told me it would be just a few days.

I'm more confused now than I was before even calling them.

rockchisler 11-07-2005 06:32 PM

Quote:

I beleive this to be true madden 2001 came out about 4 days before ps2

Macar91 11-07-2005 06:56 PM

I can't wait to get my hands on the Madden game. I will have read the manual at least five times before I even pop the disk into the 360.

Skyboxer 11-07-2005 07:19 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Macar91
I can't wait to get my hands on the Madden game. I will have read the manual at least five times before I even pop the disk into the 360.

All 7 pages?

:)

Troller 11-07-2005 08:02 PM

Remember when manuals used to be loaded with tons of info and pictures of enemies and bosses and stuff? I miss sitting on the toilet and reading manuals like that. It's so much better than a book while dropping a proverbial "deuce". There is nothing like reading and making a stink at the same time.

Beantown 11-07-2005 08:11 PM

Quote:

Remember when manuals used to be loaded with tons of info and pictures of enemies and bosses and stuff? I miss sitting on the toilet and reading manuals like that. It's so much better than a book while dropping a proverbial "deuce". There is nothing like reading and making a stink at the same time.

Um...thanks? :y11:

DirkOwnsAll 11-07-2005 11:14 PM

Quote:

Hmm...Or apparently writing and making a stink too.

The GIGGAS 11-07-2005 11:15 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by DirkOwnsAll
Hmm...Or apparently writing and making a stink too.

No images in sigs.

jackson 11-08-2005 08:03 AM

Quote:

That's friggin hilarious. You read my mind man. I thought I was the only one who made a regular practice out of this. What's great is when you get a new Game Informer in. You just gotta go sit on the pot and read it even if you don't gotta go. Funny stuff.

pnamis18 11-08-2005 04:00 PM

Has anybody heard this about lack of systems shipped for the launch? I went to EB games today and the guy behind the counter told me only twenty systems were to be shipped there and about seventy people preordered one. He said it's happening everywhere. Microsoft is not sending the sufficient amount of systems and most people who preordered with eb games and other major places, even wal mart, will not get a system until mid December to maybe even Christmas. This chapps my ***.

cheddabob7502 11-08-2005 04:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pnamis18
Has anybody heard this about lack of systems shipped for the launch? I went to EB games today and the guy behind the counter told me only twenty systems were to be shipped there and about seventy people preordered one. He said it's happening everywhere. Microsoft is not sending the sufficient amount of systems and most people who preordered with eb games and other major places, even wal mart, will not get a system until mid December to maybe even Christmas. This chapps my ***.

I have said this before on other forums, get your money back and put it into your account or create one, Just go stand in line and wait, thats what i am going to have to do (maybe) if they don't gurantee my preorder. I hope people learn to never preorder a system from major places like that. You can never trust them and plus they don't have no good specials like circuit city or best buy has.