Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   I played it (/forums/showthread.php?t=148943)

ofdman 11-09-2005 01:28 PM

I played it

I own an ad agency and one of our clients is working with EA on a promotion for their summer season ( wont/can't go into it). I know, its fall but this *place* starts early every year and it is weird doing stuff with a summer theme when winter is just blowing in :)

Anywho, I had a meeting with my client whom is working with EA on this promo (btw, I have nothing to do with their promo, I'm doing there regular summer stuff)and when I walked into his office he had a 360 Kiosk (like the ones at Gamestop) setup with MADDEN!!
It also had Need for speed,Live, FIFA and some other game I havent even heard of (cant remember the name but its an action type game) but all of those were demos and not playable but Madden was.There was no Kameo/COD or anything that the *regular* kiosks out there have.Its an EA kiosk.

I played one quarter (5 minutes/all that was allowed) using the Patriots against the Eagles (only selectable teams) and all I can say is WOW!!!

The new animations are there. I have watched EVERY one of the vids out there and none of them really has showed that much but playing it is a whole different story. Very impressive.

First off I really hated the whole approach with the *in your face* presentation instead of the usual TV style but after playing it I've somewhat changed my mind. I do hope that next year its more like the 2K ESPN style but mixed with the close shots would be a perfect balance.

Play calling is funky (as you've seen) but didnt take long at all to get used to. Better than the old way for sure IMO.

30 FPS is okay. 60 would have been better but there was absolutely NO SLOW DOWN whatsoever. Smooth as silk animation transitions. Again better than what i've seen in the vids and there is WAY more variety. You guys are gonna freak out when you see some of the cool stuff that happens. Players slipping, getting tripped up.Really, really cool and surprising as well.

Stadiums and crowds are amazing. Stunning.Vids dont do this game justice AT ALL!

Lighting will knock your socks off. The clouds were slowly moving and at the last few seconds of the game it started to sprinkle and then it started pouring down.

I wish I could go on but I am actually walking out the door and on my way down to Austin until Sunday. I know i'm gonna think of a few things I didnt mention because my mind is still a blur after that experience.

I'll try and log on while i'm away to post more.

Real quick- the running game seems MUCH better than any Madden i've ever played and i've owned them all since the original. I have been a 2K fan for the last 3 years but have always still bought Madden just in case but have always prefered 2k but not anymore. The new animations for the running game are the most realistic looking i've ever witnessed.

Anyways, i'll post more later if I can.
:cheers444 :drink:

Troller 11-09-2005 01:38 PM

Re: I played it

My favorite part of your post was when you said you could only play one quarter (5 min) and then you describe the weather patterns at the end of the game, hence the FOURTH QUARTER. Please, when you attempt to outright lie, and for something this irrevelant to life, try to be a little more believable. You buried your own story with your own incredible stupidity. What you posted here could have been written by anyone who has just glanced at the upcoming features of Madden 360. Try again.............

Troller 11-09-2005 01:43 PM

Oh, and one more thing. You followed the path that most pathological liars take by giving us a ton of unecessary and irrevelant info about summer and winter and friends and blah blah blah. That's what liars do- they give extra needless info to make their falsehoods seem more plausible. Judge Judy would have a field day with you.

stiffarmleft 11-09-2005 01:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Troller
My favorite part of your post was when you said you could only play one quarter (5 min) and then you describe the weather patterns at the end of the game, hence the FOURTH QUARTER. Please, when you attempt to outright lie, and for something this irrevalent to life, try to be a little more believable. You buried your own story with your own incredible stupidity. What you posted here could have been written by anyone who has just glanced at the upcoming features of Madden 360. Try again.............

He may of been talking about the end of the game he was playing, ...I believe him.

DickDalewood 11-09-2005 01:45 PM

Quote:

Oh, and one more thing. You followed the path that most pathological liars take by giving us a ton of unecessary and irrevelant info about summer and winter and friends and blah blah blah. That's what liars do- they give extra needless info to make their falsehoods seem more plausible. Judge Judy would have a field day with you.

Haha, good lord Troller, calm down. So maybe he is lying, just ignore the post and move on, the mods will take care of it...

FloridaGamer 11-09-2005 01:46 PM

Quote:

Um, what the hell? Can we get this guy taken care of please? This type of abuse is unneeded here on an internet message board...

forensicd 11-09-2005 01:54 PM

Not sure if this is all true or not, but hoping it is, as i have seen nothing from this game that makes me want to get it. If more and more of these types of small gameplay reviews come out, maybe the game will play better than it looks, but from what i have seen, it doesnt appear that way.

ExtremeGamer 11-09-2005 01:55 PM

Locking this for now.... may be re-opened.