Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Running the Draw (/forums/showthread.php?t=149104)

Sportsforever 11-10-2005 05:07 PM

Running the Draw

I have been working in practice mode trying to figure out how to make the draw a positive yardage play. I find I can run screens, reverses, and fake reverses with success against the right defense, but it doesn't matter what the D is I can't run the draw. I only play against the CPU (no XBL). I was wondering if anyone out there had any tips on making this play successful. It just doesn't seem like the holes open up like other running plays. I am wondering how much of this is attributable to the passing cone tipping it off to the CPU. Any feedback is much appreciated.

v/r,
SF

dkgojackets 11-10-2005 05:38 PM

Re: Running the Draw

"running the draw"

theres an oxymoron for you when it comes to madden

feeq14 11-10-2005 05:49 PM

Essentially as far as i can tell the play is impossible to work, ive had minimal success whith it when i have had pass heavy teams that require the CPU to play quarter defenses, but if there are more than 4 guys in the box good luck

jetsfansiny79 11-10-2005 06:16 PM

Right after you hike the ball move the analog stick left or right with the cone and it will help the use of the draw play.

modelboy 11-11-2005 10:49 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Sportsforever
I have been working in practice mode trying to figure out how to make the draw a positive yardage play. I find I can run screens, reverses, and fake reverses with success against the right defense, but it doesn't matter what the D is I can't run the draw. I only play against the CPU (no XBL). I was wondering if anyone out there had any tips on making this play successful. It just doesn't seem like the holes open up like other running plays. I am wondering how much of this is attributable to the passing cone tipping it off to the CPU. Any feedback is much appreciated.

v/r,
SF

only draw that'll get you positive yards is the glitch draw, which can be run outta any running play, i can school you on that if you want

Nza 11-11-2005 11:59 AM

I've had moderate success on draws, it's more luck than anything. Obviously sliders make a big difference.

I usually do a "Slide protection > Up" before a draw and I can usually get 3-4 yards, sometimes 10+. I had a 45 yard TD draw play replay with the Chiefs saved before I formatted.