Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Breaking Blocks (360) (/forums/showthread.php?t=151092)

vabeachboy19 11-26-2005 09:23 AM

Breaking Blocks (360)

Any tips on breaking loose from blocks on defence in Madden 360? Im getting killed by linemen when i play as the linebacker. Also, has anyone noticed any different juke moves? I haven't figured out if there are different juke animations and if you can control them or are they random.

LBzrule 11-26-2005 10:57 AM

Re: Breaking Blocks (360)

Quote:

Originally Posted by vabeachboy19
Any tips on breaking loose from blocks on defence in Madden 360? Im getting killed by linemen when i play as the linebacker. Also, has anyone noticed any different juke moves? I haven't figured out if there are different juke animations and if you can control them or are they random.

As I have said time and time again, this is the worse part of EA's football games. I can understand getting blocked, but it doesn't happen like this. You should not have to play 10 yds off the line of scrimmage to play Middle Linebacker. The problem is you have no ammunition to deal with the blocks. As a Middle linebacker you don't use spin moves to deal with blocks. And what is power? It does nothing.

What they need to do, is map defensive moves onto the controller. This has been done in current gen. Here ya go. One button for Rip move, One button for grab n jerk, One button for swim, One button for Club. Then on top of all of that, here is another reason why the suction blocking needs to be eliminated. 4 man pass rush takes way too long because of two things. One suction blocking and two a lack of defensive line stunts. Most of line games here are basic rushs straight ahead. Even in current gen the Line games are still basic. They need to get real defensive line games in here. But line games would make no difference if you still have suction blocking because the Dlineman would not be able to perform the stunt. :(

So for blocking they need to emphasize the offensive linemen using their arm length and their hands. They need to emphasize footwork and agility. Not sliding and cheating sucking guys into blocks :( But alas, I'll stop. I hope they do that. It would CHANGE the game completely. Just that little bit right there would change the game completely. Everyone wants this mode, that mode, this external feature, that external feature. Whatever happened to just wanting things that will greatly enhance the gameplay at EVERY position on the field. I digress, I digress.

Andrew0681 11-26-2005 12:51 PM

It's a challenge (as it should be in.. in real life you don't have non stop sacks..).. but the left button about the trigger is a swim type move and the other is a useless power move.

LBzrule 11-26-2005 01:13 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Andrew0681
It's a challenge (as it should be in.. in real life you don't have non stop sacks..).. but the left button about the trigger is a swim type move and the other is a useless power move.

Sacks is a different issue what he's getting at and what I'm getting at is defending the run. Nobody gets blocked like this in real life. Blockers don't even block like this in real life. Football players are not simple brutes that clash into each others chest. They are technicians and have skills for their position and none of that is displayed due to suction blocking. Linebackers, use your arm length and your hands to keep the blockers out of your chest. If he goes low and tries to take out your legs, again use your arms and hurdle him. None of this happens. It's just run, clash, magnets :(

Secondly, you can be out in front of the lineman and all of a sudden somehow you are turned around hugging up on him, singing old school David Bowie - Let's Dance, dumm dun dun da da da . That defeats the purpose. If I have a play scoped out then why is that my fault. Don't penalize me and that's what Madden 2001 - present has done. And here is the thing that is sooooo funny. The line is more interesting in blocking the guy you control than ANY of your teammates LOL. That's why sometimes you can have a teammate against 3 blockers and none of the blockers even touch him. They want YOU!!!!!! BRUTHER LOL!! So whatcha gonna do when suctionmania runs wild on YOUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUUU!!!!!!!!!!!!!! LOL ok couldn't resist that one.

vabeachboy19 11-26-2005 01:28 PM

I have actually been able to break the block with the LB for the spin but its usually takes a while and its too late and its not consistant. The RB for the power move has been useless to me. Maybe someone has tips on how to make this work. I would think it would be a great move to plug those gaps against the run if I could actually pull it off.

LBzrule 11-26-2005 01:33 PM

Yeah I get off the block maybe one out of every 10 tries :( I still think it would be better if they add more moves and ditch the suction attack and get the offensive linemen to use technique. I mean this is an old school pick but look at it

The offensive lineman is using his arm length and his hands to block the defender. And look at what Alzado is doing. Is is getting under that and will rip through it with his arm. He plays with one arm free and the other one is used to engage/disengage the blocker. Tecmo Bowl blocking needs to be gone for 2007.

stiffarmleft 11-26-2005 02:36 PM

This is what I've done, it works pretty good:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=150995

vabeachboy19 11-26-2005 02:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by stiffarmleft
This is what I've done, it works pretty good:

http://forums.operationsports.com/vB...d.php?t=150995

Ill try this and see if it works for me. One thing that i was thinking is maybe you have to use the A button while engaged with the RB button or LB button to break blocks. And also choose a side that you want to attack or spin too.