Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Re-signing players (/forums/showthread.php?t=153228)

sal 12-12-2005 11:27 PM

Re-signing players

During the re-signing period, is there anyway to just cut a player and not have to re-sign them? If you simulate the re-signings, the computer will sign whoever they can and there is no way to manually decline the option of re-signing players. Anybody?

CKJB 12-13-2005 12:37 PM

Re: Re-signing players

go into franchise setup and turn resign to user.

sal 12-13-2005 04:39 PM

I don't mean that, let me rephrase.

When you go into the re-signings and go to a player it gives you the option to re-sign or apply the franchise tag. If you want to just cut ties with the player to save money, there is no option to do so. I tried just simulating the rest of free agency assuming the computer would just cut whoever I left, but they re-signed many of them. So my question is...is there a way to manually refuse to re-sign a player?

Kelvarr 12-15-2005 08:43 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by sal
I don't mean that, let me rephrase.

When you go into the re-signings and go to a player it gives you the option to re-sign or apply the franchise tag. If you want to just cut ties with the player to save money, there is no option to do so. I tried just simulating the rest of free agency assuming the computer would just cut whoever I left, but they re-signed many of them. So my question is...is there a way to manually refuse to re-sign a player?

Just don't offer them anything...anybody you don't sign will be released.