Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Madden 360 Slowdown and Lag (East Coast v West Coast) (/forums/showthread.php?t=155582)

HussleMan 01-04-2006 09:55 PM

Madden 360 Slowdown and Lag (East Coast v West Coast)

1st off I want to say that I have Comcast as my ISP and DL speeds of 4000 kbps - 5000 kbps and upload speeds of 290 kbps to 350 kbps. For those who don't know those are very good speeds..clearly in the upper echelon of connections.

The funny thing is I notice when I play my east coast friends only the EA games seem to have slow downb or lag...When I play west coast people the game plays very smooth just like offline...This is not a small difference..I mean the difference is huge to the extent that playing an east coast game is almost unplayable based on the smoothness and seemlessness of the west coast games.

Ironically enough when I play the same east coast people on any of the 2k games the game is seemless with no lag or slowdown. My question is..Is anyone else experiencing lag and slowdown on madden 360 with players?

I've contacted EA and they noted that there are certain ports on modems and routers that must be open to playe their games...Those ports are:

UDP Ports 88 and 3074

and

TCP Port 3074

I've opened all ports and while I did notice a very small difference I'm still finding that connections withg east coast players are garbage and often way slower than when playing west coast games. I will also notice that there are times when the west coast connections leave alot to be desired...I've talked to my East coast friends and they seem to have great connections with each other 100% and only slowdown and lag with west coast players.

Its my opinion that this matter is an EA server issue..Anyone else experiencing this?

Altimus 01-04-2006 10:16 PM

Re: Madden 360 Slowdown and Lag (East Coast v West Coast)

I would play someone from the west but that room is usually always at 0.

PRINCE 01-06-2006 08:44 PM

I live in Baltimore and was having this same problem with a friend who lives in California.......our games in NBA 2k6,Tiger Golf,Call of Duty were lag free yet in Madden we had horrible lag.

He tried using his router, direct conecting. removing his cable splitter and connecting directly with one cable to his Modem...nothing worked and we assumed it was the server. Well he went out and exchanged his modem for another one (different model) and we had a perfect connection last night, Now i know this seems kinda weird but our connection is very very good now.

On another note i was having issues with my games freezing online and assumed i had a bad 360, I had an old router that i bought years ago and decided to see how it would do with the 360 for no reason other than curiosity. I have been using it for about a week now and i haven't had one game freeze on me with a nice connection, before my games would freeze multiple times every night.

Both cases stated above are very strange and i don't know why these would work but it did.

The router i use is a D-Link DI 604 this is actually the same router i was using before but it's about 3 years older and looks very different.

I'll try and get the make and model of the Modem my friend switched to in California for you, couldn't hurt to try.

True Talent 01-06-2006 08:51 PM

I think it's just Madden's 360 servers. I have a friend who lives not more than 10 minutes away, and we both have the same ISP, and we get horrible lag sometimes, and then other times no lag at all.

Chitown1211 01-09-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JGib25
I think it's just Madden's 360 servers. I have a friend who lives not more than 10 minutes away, and we both have the same ISP, and we get horrible lag sometimes, and then other times no lag at all.

There is definately something wrong with the servers. There are coutless people that claim ALL their other games play GREAT online except MAdden 360. I am one of them.

HussleMan 01-09-2006 11:42 PM

The biggest problem is that there are not enough complaints for EA to make this a priority since most of the problems seem to be on the west coast...The game sucks when its lagging and slow