Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   big problem in year 2 of franchise - anyone else have this glitch? (/forums/showthread.php?t=157256)

woody243 01-20-2006 06:15 AM

big problem in year 2 of franchise - anyone else have this glitch?

So me and my buddy are about to start year 3 of our franchise.....and 2 cpu controlled teams seem to have unfilled rosters and a negative cap amount. It won't let us start the preseason week 1....I am at a loss at what to do??

shugknight 01-20-2006 01:38 PM

Re: big problem in year 2 of franchise - anyone else have this glitch?

You should be able to sim the first week of preason, which will enable the CPU to automatically sign a FA to fill their roster need.

However Ive heard of this glitch before, where you basically arent able to do anything, other than restart your franchise. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Ive heard of this before.

Another fix is to try and change one of their players position to the missing postion that the team needs. It should help the team, without having to resign another player.

Worst case scenario...

Trade your players for some of the cpu players, and see if you can help them relieve some cap room.

woody243 01-20-2006 05:23 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by shugknight
You should be able to sim the first week of preason, which will enable the CPU to automatically sign a FA to fill their roster need.

However Ive heard of this glitch before, where you basically arent able to do anything, other than restart your franchise. I'm not 100% sure, but I think Ive heard of this before.

Another fix is to try and change one of their players position to the missing postion that the team needs. It should help the team, without having to resign another player.

Worst case scenario...

Trade your players for some of the cpu players, and see if you can help them relieve some cap room.

Thanks for the response...I really do appriciate you taking the time. We've tried simming and it doesn't seem to let us do that, and well since its a cpu owned team...i dunno if i can change the position...but I will give that a shot....thanks for your input again

vegasmike 01-20-2006 06:31 PM

what version is this for?

woody243 01-20-2006 06:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasmike
what version is this for?

ps2

vegasmike 01-20-2006 07:20 PM

thanks for responding. I have 360 version and about to start year three as well in a few days.

woody243 01-20-2006 07:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by vegasmike
thanks for responding. I have 360 version and about to start year three as well in a few days.

no problem....if it matters as well.....it could possibly play into the fact we did draft our own teams fantasy style in the beginning...I could see how that may play a role...however I dont understand why the computer just wont cut players...oh well