Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Initial AFL game impressions.. (/forums/showthread.php?t=159007)

highheatkingsb 02-08-2006 04:34 PM

Re: Initial AFL game impressions..

Just picked it up, love it. FUN FUN FUN!!!!!!! The rules take getting used to, but that just adds to the challenge.

Shakedowncapo 02-08-2006 04:46 PM

So pissed the game isnt BC...I really wanted to play try it.

ExtremeGamer 02-08-2006 05:43 PM

I echo the others here, game is a lot of fun. I don't understand any of the Arena rules, so I just control the DB. Unlocked about 8 old teams during my one game. I wonder if the old Cleveland Thunderbolts are in?

UNLV_1999 02-08-2006 05:49 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
I echo the others here, game is a lot of fun. I don't understand any of the Arena rules, so I just control the DB. Unlocked about 8 old teams during my one game. I wonder if the old Cleveland Thunderbolts are in?

Yes, they are. In fact almost all the historical teams are in it. The only one I noted that was not in it were the Miami Hooters.

ExtremeGamer 02-08-2006 05:54 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by UNLV_1999
Yes, they are. In fact almost all the historical teams are in it. The only one I noted that was not in it were the Miami Hooters.

There was a team called the Miami Hooters?!

highheatkingsb 02-08-2006 06:32 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by ExtremeGamer
There was a team called the Miami Hooters?!

Yeah, they were in the league a few years back, only for a few seasons though. They were sponsored by the restaurant chain, anyways, this game is off the hook. It's extremely fun, haven't started a season yet, but I've upped the quarters to 7 minutes on All-Pro, tried All-AFL, it's too hard though just yet. Lost my last game 48-27 to Grand Rapids using Columbus.

ronnyballgame 02-08-2006 07:42 PM

Is there no roster update?

CaptainZombie 02-08-2006 08:10 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by abates21
well i just lost my first game 45-42, I had the ball on like the 20 going in with one play left and didn't quite make it in. Scoring a lot certainly is different. My qb was 19 of 31 for 315 yds and 5 td's. I was down 24-7 i think before I started getting the hang of things. I'm gonna hop online now and see how that goes. Anybody have any particular questions?

I haven't tried season mode yet

AFL games go down to the wire. That's how the Rush lost this weekend.