Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   No more Dominant Players?!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=159543)

MVICK 02-08-2006 03:09 PM

No more Dominant Players?!!!

After playing several games online ..it seems they days of a single dominant player racking up ooodles of yards and TDs are over. Running backs..even the good ones tire too quickly to give them the ball over and over again in a row. I guess this forces you to make it more of a team game and use all of your players.

the other gripe I have is the control schematics..for example..I was using Vick right...drop back to pass and hold down the right trigger to start running and scrambling..but for no reason...in mid run and approaching the line of scrimmage..he pump fakes and gets nailed.

Dallasin2K3 02-08-2006 04:04 PM

Re: No more Dominant Players?!!!

Quote:

Originally Posted by MVICK
After playing several games online ..it seems they days of a single dominant player racking up ooodles of yards and TDs are over. Running backs..even the good ones tire too quickly to give them the ball over and over again in a row. I guess this forces you to make it more of a team game and use all of your players.

the other gripe I have is the control schematics..for example..I was using Vick right...drop back to pass and hold down the right trigger to start running and scrambling..but for no reason...in mid run and approaching the line of scrimmage..he pump fakes and gets nailed.

Actually, I have no problem giving runningbacks carries frequently.. I have, on occasion, had opponents who run with Vick too much have Schaub come in pretty regularly, though.

blacout456 02-08-2006 04:23 PM

Quote:

The reason for the pump fake is b/c on the control layout the button to execute the pump fake is the left thumb stick when you press down on it...Thats all that is!!!

burger13 02-08-2006 04:47 PM

Quote:

how dare they try and make football a team game?!?!?!

MVICK 02-09-2006 01:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by burger13
how dare they try and make football a team game?!?!?!

T.O. is that you?!!