Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Wait so Madden 360 does have some sort of playmaker in it!!!!!! (/forums/showthread.php?t=160020)

Dirt DiverX 02-12-2006 10:13 PM

Wait so Madden 360 does have some sort of playmaker in it!!!!!!

I was just screwing around today abd realized that when you're doing a run play you can flip it by hitting the right thumbstick in the direction you want to run the ball. I also noticed that if you use the right thumbstick for hot routes you can do more patterns, same goes for defense. You can change the direction of the zone if you're the secondary and you can pick to play zone or blitz doing a LB audible (all using the right thumbstick). Why the hell wouldn't EA mention this in the article?! you'd figure for all the stuf they took out they'd at least mention that Playmaker is still kind of in the game!

Dirt DiverX 02-13-2006 01:59 AM

Re: Wait so Madden 360 does have some sort of playmaker in it!!!!!!

come on any of you guys try it??

TJdaSportsGuy 02-13-2006 07:17 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkkmano
come on any of you guys try it??

Yeah, you are able to flip running plays at the line of scrimmage. To be honest, Madden 360, to me, gives you just the right amount of "at the line" options before snapping the ball.

It's when they give us TOO much ability to change things at the line that enables online cheesers to figure out those unbeatable plays.

Dirt DiverX 02-13-2006 10:44 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TJdaSportsGuy
Yeah, you are able to flip running plays at the line of scrimmage. To be honest, Madden 360, to me, gives you just the right amount of "at the line" options before snapping the ball.

It's when they give us TOO much ability to change things at the line that enables online cheesers to figure out those unbeatable plays.

I agree with that post 100% that's when you get the cheesers who break down every aspect of the game so it's no longer fun...

marshallfever 02-13-2006 11:47 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by darkkmano
I was just screwing around today abd realized that when you're doing a run play you can flip it by hitting the right thumbstick in the direction you want to run the ball. I also noticed that if you use the right thumbstick for hot routes you can do more patterns, same goes for defense. You can change the direction of the zone if you're the secondary and you can pick to play zone or blitz doing a LB audible (all using the right thumbstick). Why the hell wouldn't EA mention this in the article?! you'd figure for all the stuf they took out they'd at least mention that Playmaker is still kind of in the game!

Good Post, did you also know that you could hot route a player after the ball has been snapped? By holding down on both triggers and flipping the right thumbstick in the direction you want your reciever to run?

Madden 360 really isn't that bad

mvb34 02-13-2006 11:50 AM

wow we need some kind tip thread, I never knew this..

Postman17 02-13-2006 07:10 PM

you guys are so late. You can pinch, fan, crash left or right. You can also send your Linebakers to blitz or play zone. Or you can send one LB at a time on a blitz. WoW.

Macar91 02-13-2006 07:29 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Postman17
you guys are so late. You can pinch, fan, crash left or right. You can also send your Linebakers to blitz or play zone. Or you can send one LB at a time on a blitz. WoW.

Well some people, like me, did not know about some of the playmaker controls so don't make it sound like we are stupid.