Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   MLB Official Team Threads (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=117)
-   -   2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion (/forums/showthread.php?t=161123)

bravosfan 03-07-2006 06:41 PM

Re: 2006 Atlanta Braves Discussion

BELIEVE :y1:

I like LaRoche allright... It's just that he's probably not gonna get much better than he already is. Maybe a little bit higher average, a few more homeruns. That's about it.

Salty, though... he has a chance to be so much more than that. I hate to make comparisons like this, but he could be our own Mark Teixeira.

Hmm, I think I should be Salty's agent. :tongue:

theaub 03-07-2006 06:49 PM

Just wanted to say that I knew Pete Orr back in the day...before he was signed by the Braves he used to play for the Toronto Maple Leafs baseball team. He used to help out at a camp that I went too, and I knew him pretty well. He was a damn good SS (he moved to second though, right?). Really nice guy too.

Oh, and one more thing...Dave Winfield! *runs* :)

BGarrett7 03-07-2006 07:03 PM

Alright, so, after we've locked up number fifteen... Is there anyway of convincing Chipper that the 2006 MLB Playoffs were actually replaced with the 2006 WBC Rematch? I mean, we can at least give it a shot right, anything to keep him from falling flat on his damn face again.

bravosfan 03-07-2006 08:35 PM

Anybody up for a Braves fan Fantasy League?

bravosfan 03-12-2006 03:56 PM

Guess no interest in the fantasy league...

Anyway, a few notes:

-Braves signed manager Bobby Cox to an extension through 2007

-James Jurries and Matt Diaz are killing the ball, they better make the team

-Brian Jordan is having a good spring, too, which is not good. Please, hang 'em up, B.J.

-Wilson Betemit also swinging the bat well

-LaRoche batting under .100

-Salty, still a stud, but I think he's under the Mendoza line. Hit a 3-run bomb yesterday, though.

-Blaine Boyer is making progress, should make his spring debut soon

-Mike Remlinger has probably pitched himself out of consideration, he's gotten torched

Uh, that's all I can think of...

TheMatrix31 03-12-2006 05:24 PM

Remlinger needs to retire before he costs us any games.

Jordan, I dont mind having but I'd rather have him off the bench.

LaRoche under .100? Yeesh

Good stuff on getting Bobby extended through next year too.

I'm interested in a fantasy league. Sure, why not?

rsox 03-12-2006 06:04 PM

[quote=BraveGamer]Guess no interest in the fantasy league...

Anyway, a few notes:

-Braves signed manager Bobby Cox to an extension through 2007

Good for Bobby

-James Jurries and Matt Diaz are killing the ball, they better make the team

Jurries may not make the team, if for no other reason than a lack of playing time (unless they trade LaRoche, which probably won't happen). Diaz could oust Kelly Johnson as the right-handed hitter in the LF platoon (Diaz is hitting .462, Johnson is hitting .294)

-Brian Jordan is having a good spring, too, which is not good. Please, hang 'em up, B.J.

Jordan's .333 Average is a surprise, he is also playing 1B. I think he makes the team because the Braves need some kind of a veteran presence off the bench and maybe he could replace Julio Franco as top pinch-hitter

-Wilson Betemit also swinging the bat well

Betemit's playing well but i'm sure most Braves fans would like to see more Chipper and less Betemit at 3B

-LaRoche batting under .100

Is making a great case for Jurries to take his job

-Salty, still a stud, but I think he's under the Mendoza line. Hit a 3-run bomb yesterday, though.

It will be interesting to see where he plays in the minors this year. The Braves could use a good power bat at 1B and LF and it has been rumored he could end up at one of those positions

-Blaine Boyer is making progress, should make his spring debut soon

Either Lance Cormier or Joey Devine could push Boyer to the minors, at least to start the season

-Mike Remlinger has probably pitched himself out of consideration, he's gotten torched

Remlinger is done. John Foster and Macay McBride will be the lefties out of the pen

Pete Orr's struggling at the plate and Wilson Betemit's ability to play other positions could open up a roster spot for James Jurries. If not we will likely see Jurries at some point because If LaRoche's horribe spring numbers carry over to the regular season we could see LaRoche back at AAA.

bravosfan 03-12-2006 09:50 PM

I like Brian Jordan. He's got all kinds of heart, and leadership and such. But he's a 39-year old beaten-down former pro football player. He can't go a whole season, and he really hasn't contributed anything to anyone in about 3 or 4 years.

Maybe it wouldn't be so bad if he was used exclusively against lefties. He can still hit those guys, he always could. But he's one of Bobby's favorites, and if Cox has any faults it's that he tends to lean on his favorites way more than he should.

I liked Keith Lockhart as a bench player and pinch-hitter. But there's no way he should've played as much as he did after Marcus Giles came up. If Brian Jordan makes the team, it'll be the same thing.