Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Operation Sports Content and Other News (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=107)
-   -   NCAA Basketball Tournament Simulation - Part 1 (/forums/showthread.php?t=163999)

Steve_OS 03-16-2006 08:51 AM

NCAA Basketball Tournament Simulation - Part 1

We have just posted Part 1 of our NCAA Basketball Tournament Simulation. Does it resemble your brackets?
"Stuffed shirt business types are estimating that between researching teams, filling out brackets, organizing office pools, and following the weekday games, US businesses will lose an estimated 3.8 billion dollars in lost productivity during March Madness. Being one who has never been a fan of stuffed shirts, or productivity for that matter, the team at Operation Sports has decided to help you out with your brackets. What’s another couple million in lost wages between friends?

With the help of my already crumpled bracket, 2K Sports’ College Hoops 2K6, an Xbox, and time on my hands, I conducted a very unscientific simulation of the 2006 NCAA Men’s Tournament. The test took place under the direct supervision of the Accounting firm of Daughter and Daughter. OK, it was my kids watching me spend two hours setting up the tournament in 2K6’s Tournament Mode while yelling, “Oh… can you be the purple pirate team!?!"

Brandon13 03-16-2006 10:04 AM

Re: NCAA Basketball Tournament Simulation - Part 1

You know that you're unsure of your bracket when looking at the simulated tournament results make you rethink some of your picks.

Beantown 03-16-2006 11:28 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Brandon13830
You know that you're unsure of your bracket when looking at the simulated tournament results make you rethink some of your picks.

:spit:

WallaceNails 03-16-2006 12:04 PM

A 12 seed beats a 5 seed every year (except 2 times). Your simulation had all 5 seeds winning.

ronnyballgame 03-17-2006 04:01 PM

not too bad, but you should have used the 360 version with updated rosters and stats, it is kind of unjustified, for teams got better as the season progresses, as for UNC, etc...

luv_mist 03-18-2006 06:24 PM

Right now, why is Illinois down at the half by two point??:confused: I HATE YOU!!:y7:

But Wichita loss in the simulation towards Tenn but have advanced. Maybe there's still time huh??

luv_mist 03-19-2006 02:39 AM

:y6: Was a great run I guess.......