Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   slapnutz2k2 NFL 2K7 Xbox Rosters (3-25-06) (/forums/showthread.php?t=164956)

Steve_OS 03-25-2006 01:30 PM

slapnutz2k2 NFL 2K7 Xbox Rosters (3-25-06)

1 Attachment(s)
Hey guys, slapnutz2k2 has had some issues trying to upload rosters to OS, so I'm helping him out by posting them for him. I've tested them and they look great!

He's updating them using the Free Agent thread that was created.

Anyways, here's what he had to say.

Quote:

It should be updated as of Friday night's transactions. I put Nate Burleson on the Seahawks already, I doubt the Vikings will match that offer. There are a few players I still need to create. Some F/A's have a zero rating. They are retired and will be made in to someone else later.

I'm also still working on stamina and durability for half of the teams.

I messed around with stamina somewhat, they have either been lowered or raised depending on the position.

QB's are high and I wanted the RB's, WR's and TE's to come out after a number of plays.

I also raised durabilty around the league. Some where way too low. I thought that might help with all the injuries in franchise but I haven't tested that yet. I also need to lower the catch for DL and LB's. The secondary should be okay.

You will also find real names and appearances (high black and white, skin color and color of shoes).

Of course, I'm still working on it.

Simmed 6 or 7 years, no freezes.

xrob 03-25-2006 01:43 PM

Re: slapnutz2k2 NFL 2K7 Rosters (3-25-06)

Are these based off anyone else or just personal preference and whose sliders are u fond of Slapnutz

JWZZR 03-25-2006 02:56 PM

hey you Might want to look at my postion changes Topic and also How acurite are the Numbers of the players who changed teams.but very good job.:cheers: :cheers:

Rickster101 03-25-2006 05:10 PM

These are looking pretty impressive Slapnutz great job on the rosters up to this point all around and simmed at those number of years is even more impressive aside from your edits (Have my own) this would make a great base file to build on and I may do just that so I'm lettin' you know now that I'm most def interested in working off of this for future projects, and from your previous contributions and help I've experienced first hand I'd have to say that you've really taken a giant step early in this off season and I personally am looking forward to what eles you have inmind.

So as the NFL gets its act together its good to see you're on top of things working the rosters for a 2K7 edtion I'll most def be checking your rosters out bro and working on my own to get them shape for the up coming season!!!

Holla Back ya'll :y220b: :y11:
Rickster101

slapnutz2k2 03-26-2006 04:27 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrob
Are these based off anyone else or just personal preference and whose sliders are u fond of Slapnutz

I used candyman's v6 as a base. I've been working on this roster since he first dropped it. I tried to keep it up to date during the 2005 season.

I had a problem with creating players at first, I kept getting missing names everytime and couldn't figure out why. So I left that alone for a while. I decided to go for the "look" of the NFL next. A lot of appearances were off (equipment, body type, skin and shoe colors). I Tivo'd a ton of games and watched highlights on Sportscenter & NFL Network and attemped to match the players correctly. I 've seen every team at least once, some three times. I think I did a good job. I changed some of the players' facemask but that was too much.

I then went back to creating players after I figured out how to use the in game editor to put new names into Finn's editor. I wanted to give player's their exact names.

I also added and deleted pics. Some players were giving pics just to have one. I saw quite a few black pics on white players and vica versa. Also there were multi pics (one team had 3 of the same pic). I got rid of all the multi pics in the roster (took me while, I found one more Friday night) then I attempted to move the pics around so at least the fake pics would look somewhat similar to the player. I didn't get to everyone, still working on it. A few people don't like the fake pics but I think I did a decent job.

Not sure what sliders I'm using, I have to look in game to check.

slapnutz2k2 03-26-2006 04:34 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by JWZZR
hey you Might want to look at my postion changes Topic and also How acurite are the Numbers of the players who changed teams.but very good job.:cheers: :cheers:

A very needed topic and you did a great job. I moved a few players but no where near that many.

Again thanks.

The teams should be very up to date. I even added a few palyers that were not there (Anthony Simmons, Tom Arth, Dwayne Ledford, etc). I'm holding off on Henri Crockett, I personally don't think he's going to make the team.

I also put Nate Burleson on the Seahawks. I highly doubt the Vikings are going to match the contract with that poison pill in it.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Rickster101
These are looking pretty impressive Slapnutz great job on the rosters up to this point all around and simmed at those number of years is even more impressive aside from your edits (Have my own) this would make a great base file to build on and I may do just that so I'm lettin' you know now that I'm most def interested in working off of this for future projects, and from your previous contributions and help I've experienced first hand I'd have to say that you've really taken a giant step early in this off season and I personally am looking forward to what eles you have inmind.

So as the NFL gets its act together its good to see you're on top of things working the rosters for a 2K7 edtion I'll most def be checking your rosters out bro and working on my own to get them shape for the up coming season!!!

Thanx Rickster.

Sometimes it made me feel like I was working for Take Two with all the editing and test games I was running. I was working trying to get the kickoffs and punt returns decent. I lowered the kickers and punters speed, agility, stamina and tackle just in case they are the last player to get by. The cpu almost broke a punt return but the long snapper got to him at the 45. It didnt work out too well.

I think the stamina levels for the WR's, TE's and RB's works great. Kinda like the coach is sending in a play. I'm still working on stamina and catch across the league. I don't want to eliminate the INT's, just lower them.

My next project is injuries in franchise play. If you look around, there a bunch of players in the 20's and 30's. I'm thinking that the cpu might see this and just pick players out. If I raise them somewhat, maybe I can lower the number of injuries.Just a guessing game right now, I haven't tested it yet. I left certain players low (Dan Morgan, since he can't get past the 1st quarter without getting knocked out the game).

I also did other things, can't remember them all. I know I lowered the pass protection for The Texans O-line since Carr likes to look up at the sky a lot.

xrob 03-26-2006 08:14 AM

So ur doing global edits also. if u include global edits to ur file without over doing it u will be my hero.

slapnutz2k2 03-26-2006 08:58 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by xrob
So ur doing global edits also. if u include global edits to ur file without over doing it u will be my hero.

Yes but in game only. I'm not using Finns' editor to give a everyone a certain percantage drop or raise. I'm doing them individually, I don't want every receiver to play like very receiver. I think the teams need to play differently.

You might see a few players out of position. After watching replays, I noticed that the 2nd string C was the LS. So I move some, not all, to the center position and on the depth chart. Example, Atlanta's Derek Rackley and Kansas City's Kendall Gammon. They're listed as TE's but it's not like they really get into the game at that position. So they both are the #2 centers in my roster and they will be the long snapper on punts and field goals.

Just trying to add some realism to the game.