Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Al's sign Quincy Carter (/forums/showthread.php?t=165825)

VanCitySportsGuy 04-04-2006 03:58 PM

Al's sign Quincy Carter

Just reported on The Score ticker.

With Cavillo ahead of him, Carter will be lucky to throw 50 passes.

I expect Ted White to be released now.

VanCitySportsGuy 04-04-2006 04:01 PM

Re: Al's sign Quincy Carter

Here's the press release:

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=n...splay&nid=7716

A 1 year deal with an option.

If he wanted to get PT, he should have called up the Bombers.

MassNole 04-04-2006 04:04 PM

Yeah, he'll be blowing his paycheck on St. Catherine's Street doing blow off a stripper's *** within a week.

SPTO 04-04-2006 04:24 PM

I think this is good for him, less pressure and an atmosphere that will be supportive. Don Mathews is similar to Parcells in a lot of ways but unlike Parcells he knows to keep the mood light when needed.

Hopefully Carter gets some playing time. I'd be interested to see how hsi game translate to the CFL.

MassNole 04-04-2006 04:27 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO
I think this is good for him, less pressure and an atmosphere that will be supportive. Don Mathews is similar to Parcells in a lot of ways but unlike Parcells he knows to keep the mood light when needed.

Hopefully Carter gets some playing time. I'd be interested to see how hsi game translate to the CFL.

Don't athletic QBs with marginal arms tend to succeed in the CFL? For example Doug Flutie, Danny McManus, and Marvin Graves.

SPTO 04-04-2006 04:33 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by The Constipated Hippo
Don't athletic QBs with marginal arms tend to succeed in the CFL? For example Doug Flutie, Danny McManus, and Marvin Graves.

McManus is more of a pocket QB with some limited mobility (so that he doesn't get killed!) and Marvin Graves only had limited success in the league.

You're right about Flutie but he had an above average arm during his CFL days.

MassNole 04-04-2006 04:44 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by SPTO
McManus is more of a pocket QB with some limited mobility (so that he doesn't get killed!) and Marvin Graves only had limited success in the league.

You're right about Flutie but he had an above average arm during his CFL days.

When I said marginal arm, I meant in terms of what the NFL looks for, not necessarily the CFL. I know McManus is old now, but I thought he was more of a scrambler out of a FSU in the 80's. He is still in the CFL right?

I always thought that some college QBs from the US should go up there, like say Ken Dorsey from Miami. Who knows, perhaps someone like him could become another Doug Flutie and come back an experienced star.

SPTO 04-04-2006 04:47 PM

Well in the CFL sideline passes can be a lot tougher due to the wider field.

Yes McManus is still in the league as a backup in Calgary.