Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Other Football Games (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=165)
-   -   Gades Dispersal Draft on Wednesday (/forums/showthread.php?t=166637)

VanCitySportsGuy 04-11-2006 08:20 PM

Gades Dispersal Draft on Wednesday

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=n...splay&nid=7757

The Leos have the 6th pick and I hope we grab Brad Banks. I've been impressed with him.

I like the current backup Buck Pierce, but Banks is a lot quicker than both Dickerson and Pierce.

Donovan 04-12-2006 12:39 AM

Re: Gades Dispersal Draft on Wednesday

Banks is a pretty average QB by CFL standards. I doubt he'll ever get a starting chance in the league. Buck Pierce will likely be taken ahead of him. Banks wont be selected until the 4th or 5th round I think, the Gades have quite a few decent players, despite having such a crap team in general.

VanCitySportsGuy 04-12-2006 01:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donovan
Banks is a pretty average QB by CFL standards. I doubt he'll ever get a starting chance in the league. Buck Pierce will likely be taken ahead of him. Banks wont be selected until the 4th or 5th round I think, the Gades have quite a few decent players, despite having such a crap team in general.

There's zero chance Banks will be picked in the 4th or 5th round. If that happened, that means 24-32 players would get picked ahead of Banks.

The Lions beat reported in the Vancouver Sun did a mock draft and had Banks going 5th overall (first round) to the Argos.

http://www.cfl.ca/index.php?module=n...splay&nid=7752

I believe Banks can be at least a solid backup in the CFL. He can run and the wide CFL field plays to his advantage. Banks doesn't have a strong arm, but you don't need a strong arm in the CFL to succedd. Dickenson's arm is average at best and he's probably the 2nd best or 3rd best QB in the league.

Donovan 04-12-2006 10:38 AM

Hmm, the Edmonton Sun didnt even have him in the top 15 on the team.

SPTO 04-12-2006 10:37 PM

Round 1

# Team Player Pos
1 SSK (from HAM) Kerry Joseph QB
2 WPG Ibrahim Khan OL
3 SSK Jason Armstead WR
4 CGY Cam Yeow LB
5 WPG (from TOR) Val St. Germain OL
6 BCL Korey Banks DB
7 MTL Kai Ellis DB
8 EDM Anthony Collier DB

Round 2

1 HAM Pat Fleming P
2 TOR (from WPG) Marc Pilon DL
3 SSK Cory Hathaway FB
4 CGY Markus Howell WR
5 WPG (from TOR) Brad Banks QB
6 BCL Matt Kirk DL
7 MTL Greg Moss DB
8 EDM Sean Suisham K

Round 3

1 HAM Gilles Lezi FB
2 WPG Hakeem Kashama DL
3 SSK Charles Howard DT
4 CGY Crance Clemons DB
5 TOR David Azzi WR
6 BCL Sean Weston DB
7 MTL D'wayne Taylor DB
8 EDM L.P. Ladouceur DT

Round 4

1 HAM Greg Bearman DB
2 WPG Cameron Legault DL
3 SSK Donald Ruiz DB
4 CGY Jason Thomas QB
5 TOR Sean Poole OL
6 BCL Sandro Sciortino K
7 MTL Brandon Evans OL
8 EDM Pat Woodcock WR

Round 5

# TEAM PLAYER POS
1 HAM Steve Smith DB
2 WPG Lenard Semajuste FB
3 SSK Pass -
4 CGY Greg Cole LB
5 TOR Sean Bennett RB
6 BCL Anthony Jones WR
7 MTL Dwayne Levels LB
8 EDM Israel Idonije DE

Round 6

# TEAM PLAYER POS
1 HAM Pass -
2 WPG Henri Childs RB
3 SSK Trevor Kine OT
4 CGY Canary Knight DT
5 TOR Sean Riley WR
6 BCL Pass -
7 MTL Kenny Smith DL
8 EDM Pass -

Round 7

# TEAM PLAYER POS
1 HAM Pass -
2 WPG Robert Grant DB
3 SSK Allen Burrell WR
4 CGY Jamaal Perry WR
5 TOR Roderick Warren WR
6 BCL Pass
7 MTL David Ashkinaz OL
8 EDM Pass

Round 8

# TEAM PLAYER POS
1 HAM Pass -
2 WPG Pass -
3 SSK Pass -
4 CGY Pass -
5 TOR Pass -
6 BCL Pass -
7 MTL Jeremy Pearl DB
8 EDM Pass

There's the draft, nice to see Woodcock go to EDM. It's going to be VEEERY interesting how Kerry Joseph does in Sask. as the pressure is on him to perform.

Oh and Holmes was traded to the Ti-Cats so that Sask. would get Joseph.

Donovan 04-12-2006 11:17 PM

Its great to see Joseph go to Saksatchewan. Its sick that the Riders have Greene/Thompson/a thousand other crap QBs while teams like the Esks, BC, Montreal all have excellent backups and third stringers. Joseph is a top QB in the league who we didnt see much of out west and its great to see them grab a big player. I bet they wont be able to afford to pay him though.... I mean guys like Quincy Carter are signing to hold clipboards in Montreal while Saskatchewan could be a very good team with a top tier QB. They have a great D and a solid RB.

Woodcock to Edmonton is awesome. We tried to grab him in the offseason a couple years ago but it didnt happen. His 99 yard TD against us in the Grey Cup a few years ago still resonates with Edmonton fans.

I'm surprised with Suisham though, the Esks just re-upped Flemming to an extension after the great end to the year he had. How good was Suisham, to the guys out east who've seen him? Its kind of neat just for the fact that I always played as Bowling Green in the NCAA series.

Israel Idonije is a nice addition as well. He was at a few Browns camps and apparently is a pretty good DE.

I also hope the league allows for an extra 2-3 players on each roster, at the very least, so some of these guys dont lose their jobs.

VanCitySportsGuy 04-13-2006 02:42 PM

I believe the league will allow teams to carry 2 extra Canadians.

The Riders really upgraded. Outside of the Bombers, I could see the other 7 teams winning the Grey Cup.

I just hope when the Ottawa franchise comes back, they will actually be able to pick good players from the other teams. Even if a new owner comes back, the CFL can't allow the franchise to start from scratch and struggle to win 7 or 8 games the first couple of seasons.

If I was in charge, I would only allow teams to protect 1 QB and 3 WR's.

FISH 04-13-2006 03:03 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Donovan
Its great to see Joseph go to Saksatchewan. Its sick that the Riders have Greene/Thompson/a thousand other crap QBs while teams like the Esks, BC, Montreal all have excellent backups and third stringers.

Bingo, now if the Riders could only be a little less predictable in the play calling they may be able to be a contender. Least they won't be the cross over team this year!:spit: