Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   more on QB punt return problem (/forums/showthread.php?t=167613)

puja21 04-19-2006 02:05 AM

more on QB punt return problem

Finn: "The punt returner problem is cause by the global editing. Evidently, one or more of the QB edits is causing him to be the return man. If the attributes that cause this can be determined, we could raise for the correct punt returners in an attempt to fix the problem. Don't know if that would cause problems else where but it is worth looking into."

I read the 1st few pages of this thread: dan77733's ESPN NFL 2k5 roster file - "roster2k6." And I read some of the dialogue regarding this issue b/w finn and dan7733. Here's my take: I posted about this already in dan77733's franchise thread but I thought I should throw it out here. Maybe this could help Finn figure out more about the glitch- I dont know.

So, I have made a bunch of separate rosters over the months since 2k5 came out. They are all updated through playoffs of this past season- probably 6 or 7 separate files. This was before I even knew about Finn's editor or Operationsports.com- Finn actually advised me about this place.

To change player positions before Finns editor, I would usually swap the stats w/ a guy of the same age (or as close as I could get). Like I would swap Troy Vincent w/ some retired FS.... etc. Or I would use CAPs or just take some crummy rookie- whatever I had to do. In the first roster that I made, I of course eventually ran out of "slots" to change names. So I started counting the number of guys I could edit/create to see when this would happen. Finn later told me there were some guys you shouldnt edit at all within the in-game editor and to use CAPs if I wasn't using his editor.

Anyway, the point is I would ALWAYS get this error of the QB returning punts when I got into franchise w/ any of these files... and I had never used the editor at all to make these rosters. Logically, I would assume this means it can't be caused by global edits or by the editor at all. This would happen w/ guys I never edited at all (Peyton Manning, McNabb, etc).

Sorry if this is old news, but I didnt see anything specifically about this aspect of the glitch. Also, there probably aren't that many people who were still updating through the 05/06 playoffs without Finn's editor. And even less who are now on OpSports and using Finns, so maybe my experience from making all these files could be put to use here.

matthewk 04-26-2006 01:57 PM

Re: more on QB punt return problem

I doubt that Finn's editor, or any roster editing for that matter, is responsible for QBs (and in some cases DT or OT) returning punts. This happens with the default rosters. Just start a franchise with a fantasy draft.

I would love to find a way to correct this, but sadly I don't think I'll ever see a fix for this problem.