Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   No Madden for PS3 and Revolution? (/forums/showthread.php?t=167823)

VanCitySportsGuy 04-20-2006 06:45 PM

No Madden for PS3 and Revolution?

http://www.easports.com/article.jsp?...=madden07shaun

"Developed in Orlando, FL by EA Tiburon Madden NFL 07 will be available in August on Xbox 360™ videogame and entertainment system, the PlayStation®2 computer entertainment system, the Xbox® video game system from Microsoft, Nintendo GameCube™, Nintendo DS™, PC, PSP™ (PlayStation®Portable) handheld entertainment system and Game Boy® Advance."

Wsv771 04-20-2006 06:55 PM

Re: No Madden for PS3 and Revolution?

I wouldn't put too much into that right now. There hasn't been a system (besides the PS1 and Dreamcast) that hasn't launched with a version of Madden so you can believe a PS3 version is coming. As for the Rev, it's not supposed to be that much stronger than current consoles, and it's backwards compatible, so it might not be much of an issue.

MachoMyers 04-20-2006 07:11 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Wsv771
I wouldn't put too much into that right now. There hasn't been a system (besides the PS1 and Dreamcast) that hasn't launched with a version of Madden so you can believe a PS3 version is coming. As for the Rev, it's not supposed to be that much stronger than current consoles, and it's backwards compatible, so it might not be much of an issue.

Madden will sell systems for the PS3
No freakin way it doesnt make it for launch.

sammyc521 04-20-2006 07:20 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier12

Don't also forget that PS3 will be backwards compatible out of the box, so it's not like 360's where they'll have to watch for the release and then for the patch.

Flamehead 04-20-2006 08:31 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Xavier12

Maybe. But even if it is, it'll be a port so I wouldn't expect much of a difference (if any) from the '07 360 version.

dagger55 04-20-2006 08:43 PM

that announcement is just naming all the titles it is releasing for.

im sure last year in april, that read "Madden will release in August for...." and no xbox 360 was listed. PS3 will get Madden

MachoMyers 04-20-2006 08:55 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flamehead
Maybe. But even if it is, it'll be a port so I wouldn't expect much of a difference (if any) from the '07 360 version.

There may be absolutely no changes

I remember when Madden 2001 came out for PS2 the rosters were still from August when the PS One version came out.

Meatball 04-20-2006 10:36 PM

All it did was state August, meaning these are the platforms that will have them when the game first drops. It doesn't mean the PS3 won't have it. It will for sure.