Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   What last gen features will be cut from Madden 07? (/forums/showthread.php?t=168138)

koolbubbaice 04-24-2006 12:06 AM

What last gen features will be cut from Madden 07?

Obviously Madden 06 for the 360 was a bare bones game, & I do expect EA to inlcude the Owner mode, create a player, & drills, BUT like NCAA 07 for the 360, I feel they will leave out features.. I also see a trend here if they do..

quietcool72 04-24-2006 12:48 PM

Re: What last gen features will be cut from Madden 07?

My predictions:

Left out:
1. Mini camp
2. Classic teams
3. Some of the defensive playmaker options
4. Playbook upgrade
5. Owner Mode
6. Pre game preparation
7. EA Locker features/Spawn franchise games
8. Tony Bruno (I hope!)

Still not included:
1. Online franchise/season
2. gang tackling
3. AI upgrade
4. Presentation that comes anywhere close to NFL 2K5
5. Online play-challenges
6. Online Instant Replay
7. Highlights from around the league in season/franchise play
8. Editable stadium music

bangpow 04-24-2006 12:57 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by quietcool72

Still not included:
1. Online franchise/season
2. gang tackling
3. AI upgrade
4. Presentation that comes anywhere close to NFL 2K5
5. Online play-challenges
6. Online Instant Replay
7. Highlights from around the league in season/franchise play
8. Editable stadium music

so, it appears all of the above features were included in NFL 2K5!

quietcool72 04-24-2006 01:40 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by bangpow
so, it appears all of the above features were included in NFL 2K5!

Except the AI enhancements.

forensicd 04-24-2006 01:59 PM

How is it possible, that in this day in age, with this type of technology, with this type of timeline, and this vast amount of money, that EA couldnt put in things that have been in OLD generations for years? Doesnt that strike you all as quite odd? As bad as last years game was, both on the field and off it, it seems hard to believe we will see any major improvements this year. Think about it fellas; this was EAs main next gen title, dont you think they would have put every available man on the project to leave a great impression? Of course they would, and if thats the best they could do, i hate to see what they will pull of with less time to develop (like madden 2007). They had a bunch of time to get 2006 360 out the door in late november. They will have only 8 months to pull of madden 07, and if you guys are looking for any major improvements, you must not have ever played EA games int he past. This year will be the same as last; no refs, no challenges, no commentary, no presentation, but it will have a career mode. That will be about it. Mark my words.

99Potential 04-24-2006 02:56 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by forensicd
How is it possible, that in this day in age, with this type of technology, with this type of timeline, and this vast amount of money, that EA couldnt put in things that have been in OLD generations for years? Doesnt that strike you all as quite odd? As bad as last years game was, both on the field and off it, it seems hard to believe we will see any major improvements this year. Think about it fellas; this was EAs main next gen title, dont you think they would have put every available man on the project to leave a great impression? Of course they would, and if thats the best they could do, i hate to see what they will pull of with less time to develop (like madden 2007). They had a bunch of time to get 2006 360 out the door in late november. They will have only 8 months to pull of madden 07, and if you guys are looking for any major improvements, you must not have ever played EA games int he past. This year will be the same as last; no refs, no challenges, no commentary, no presentation, but it will have a career mode. That will be about it. Mark my words.

I don't think they had near as much time for Madden 360 than they did for Madden 2001 for PS2.......

MIAMI 04-24-2006 03:00 PM

I sure hope they don't leave out #'s 1,2,3,5 from q.c.72's list

LIGHTNING 04-24-2006 04:32 PM

I think that Madden 2007 will be just like Madden 2006 and the features that were in Madden 2006 for the XBOX and PS2 will be implemented in the Madden 2007 XBOX 360 and PS3 versions. There will be no gang tackling, the deep passing game will be easy and easier than the short passing game, same player interactions, same dull atmosphere, and maybe a few new animations. The days of hoping for a sim football game are gone for good unfortunately.