Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread (/forums/showthread.php?t=168478)

Shakedowncapo 04-27-2006 04:53 AM

Official "Madden Wii" Discussion Thread

[For the Revolution]

http://www.gamespot.com/news/6148455.html

Erv 04-27-2006 05:53 AM

Re: New Madden Info!....

Good, sounds like a totally different game then the other versions.

The GIGGAS 04-27-2006 06:56 AM

Interesting.

grunt 04-27-2006 07:46 AM

I will have to pre order a Rev. This sound like it has ton of potential. Props to EA.

Admiral50 04-27-2006 08:53 AM

Quote:

Players will hike the ball by mimicking a quarterback receiving the ball from the center, and then pass it to a receiver by making a throwing gesture with the free-hand controller. The faster the passing motion, the more of a bullet pass it becomes (in previous Madden editions, bullet passes were made by holding the passing button down longer).

Kicking the ball will be accomplished by sweeping the controller up as if it were a kicker’s leg striking the ball. A fast, level swing will make for a hard, straight kick.

The Revolution controller will also come into play when running the ball, as jerking the controller left or right will make the ball-carrier juke to either side, while shoving it straight ahead will make him stiff-arm the opposition.
Running and passing could be amazing!!

Graphik 04-27-2006 10:18 AM

I'm sorry yall, but this sounds gay. No way will I sit in front of my tube herking and jerking my arm and wrist around as if I was on crack. It sounds good on paper but if you were to imagine yourself "making a throwing gesture with the free hand controller", you'd look silly. The running game sounds even more stupid. I'm not knocking the Rev but this sounds flat out stupid.

MachoMyers 04-27-2006 10:48 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphik
I'm sorry yall, but this sounds gay. No way will I sit in front of my tube herking and jerking my arm and wrist around as if I was on crack. It sounds good on paper but if you were to imagine yourself "making a throwing gesture with the free hand controller", you'd look silly. The running game sounds even more stupid. I'm not knocking the Rev but this sounds flat out stupid.

LOL
"I smoke rocks".

Erv 04-27-2006 11:55 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Graphik

considering this is how most games will use the controller, it's safe to say your interest level in the system is next to none.

You're satisfied with the status quo, I personally am looking forward to something different.

With the PS3/360 it's getting ridicolous, lookie I can see the fertilizer in the grass...if someone is that particular they might as well attend real games.