Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   IS IT ME OR (/forums/showthread.php?t=169868)

backbreaker 05-11-2006 11:04 PM

IS IT ME OR

Has madden lost its status? I mean Madden is always a juggernaut at E3 for such a long time. None of the big sites are fawning over it as they use too, not even being mention as a system seller. Hell Sony isn't even pimping it as such as they use to. Has madden lost its luster.

onetonmartin 05-11-2006 11:22 PM

Re: IS IT ME OR

There's no competition. Not a whole lot of excitment or interest. Plus, I also think the brand new console wars & innovations take the spotlight.

...at least baseball has The Show/MLB 2k

Skyboxer 05-11-2006 11:41 PM

I think that it has more to do with "we've seen it before" mentalities. Same ole same ole just might have caught up with EA... Who knows.

spankdatazz22 05-11-2006 11:45 PM

I don't think Madden has lost it's status necessarily. But things are... different. I think it's still important from the consoles perspective to have Madden on it. It can still make or break a console from a support standpoint imo. But it's not because it's the 40ft gorilla it once was, it's more because it's the only NFL game in town - in the past Madden was always looked at as the pinnacle of videogame football. Now it's quality is openly questioned; people look at the game knowing it really should be better. Look at the reactions this year - people openly accept the areas the game's lacking in. They're just happy it's looking like the game won't outright suck. I think people have changed their expectations without really knowing it.

RoyalBoyle78 05-12-2006 08:30 AM

I just think there are way to many better Next-Gen games coming out that Madden is on the backburner, I think it will be like that for awhile now. I think I'm more interesting in many other games then Madden, and I love football.

N51_rob 05-12-2006 08:36 AM

I do think that madden has lost a lot of the shine it once had. You take the intial outrage over the deal with the NFL, it's less than steller showing on the 360, mix that in with the fact that a lot of people thought 2K5 was better than Madden 05, and it would seen that the aura that once surronded madden is gone. But if the early reports from E3 are any indication EA/Madden could be make a return this season, no matter how slight it may be. Which I think is a good thing for all us gamers who love football.

HealyMonster 05-12-2006 08:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by FootballForever
I just think there are way to many better Next-Gen games coming out that Madden is on the backburner, I think it will be like that for awhile now. I think I'm more interesting in many other games then Madden, and I love football.

i have to agree, madden used to be the innovater and leader in new technoligies, etc, now they are just playing football while all kinds of next gen games are comeing out redefining gameing, etc. I think if 2k had a footall game, an NFL game that is, and it was decent looking and competative, we would see a huge debate/competition going on but we have a few years till tha happens.

kneebon5 05-12-2006 08:46 AM

If you take a look at most of the other games at how they have improved gameplay and graphics they have that perfect combo, madden lacked it and nothing ahs been shown to say it will be much different this year. I'm sure after NCAA football comes out all the madden talk will start up big time.