Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Flipmo23 Presents .... "ESPN NFL BLITZ 2007" and "ESPN2K7: !MPACT" (/forums/showthread.php?t=171349)

Flipmo23 06-01-2006 02:01 AM

Flipmo23 Presents .... "ESPN NFL BLITZ 2007" and "ESPN2K7: !MPACT"

2 Attachment(s)
You knew I couldn't just stop at the community roster, so here's the deal. It's not finished yet, so I am not going to go a step further unless people actually dig the idea. Here's what I got so far. Basically, I am tinkering with a bunch of global edits to make the game play alot different. Major thing to keep in mind here is that realism is the last thing I am aiming for. I am working on two different game types here.

Anyone who followed the process behind the community roster knows that there is alot more than just simple edits to my projects. I am going to take a while with this if there is interest. So with that said, these are the rosters I am working on at this point, both based on the community roster:

1) ESPN NFL BLITZ 20-07:

No rules. 2 min quarters, play speed fast, players are ridiculously large and fast. Tackle ratings through the roof. Athletically, players are freaks. Interceptions are common, very common, as are fumbles and injuries. No rules, even pass interference is allowed and well, encouraged. All QBs can sling it 50+ yards. Special moves are enhanced, with RBs and WRs having high break tackle and agility ratings as well. Game is pass heavy, as Human and CPU running is turned down. Bunch of other stuff as well.

2) ESPN 2K7: "!MPACT!":
I am still deciding whether or not it will follow the Blitz style or maybe Sim style rule settings for this one. Either way, I call it "!MPACT!" for the simple fact that I've given each NFL Team 2 "Impact Players", one on defense, and one on offense. For example, for the Titans, Vince Young and Keith Bulluck. These two players will have their stats maxed out. So basically, Ray Lewis will be 127 Speed with a 127 Tackle Rating, etc. I think this balances out because you can have some serious matchups i.e. Vick vs. Lewis, Favre vs. Sapp, you get me. I'll probably take longer with this one as I will be tweaking every aspect of the game to make sure it's balanced. This is actually the one I have higher hopes for. I'm keeping !MPACT! under wraps for now since it's really in the early stages, though here is the list of impact players that are going to be put in. Let me know if you feel a certain team's impact players should be different.

!MPACT! Players (Subject To Change):

49ers

Offense: Vernon Davis
Defense: Manny Lawson

Bears

Offense: Muhsin Muhammed
Defense: Brian Urlacher

Bengals

Offense: Chad Johnson
Defense: Brian Simmons

Bills

Offense: Willis McGahee
Defense: Takeo Spikes

Broncos

Offense: Jake Plummer
Defense: Champ Bailey

Browns

Offense: Rueben Droughns
Defense: Willie McGinest

Buccaneers

Offense: Cadillac Williams
Defense: Derrick Brooks

Cardinals

Offense: Anquan Boldin
Defense: Antrel Rolle

Chargers

Offense: Ladainian Tomlinson
Defense: Donnie Edwards

Chiefs

Offense: Larry Johnson
Defense: Greg Wesley

Colts

Offense: Peyton Manning
Defense: Dwight Freeney

Cowboys

Offense: Terrell Owens
Defense: Roy Williams

Dolphins

Offense: Daunte Culpepper
Defense: Zach Thomas

Eagles

Offense: Donavan McNabb
Defense: Brian Dawkins

Falcons

Offense: Michael Vick
Defense: Keith Brooking

Giants

Offense: Tiki Barber
Defense: Michael Strahan

Jaguars

Offense: Fred Taylor
Defense: Marcus Stroud

Jets

Offense: Laveranues Coles
Defense: Jonathan Vilma

Lions

Offense: Roy Williams
Defense: Boss Bailey

Packers

Offense: Brett Favre
Defense: Charles Woodson

Panthers

Offense: Steve Smith
Defense: Julius Peppers

Patriots

Offense: Tom Brady
Defense: Rodney Harrison

Raiders

Offense: Randy Moss
Defense: Warren Sapp

Rams

Offense: Torry Holt
Defense: Leonard Little

Ravens

Offense: Steve McNair
Defense: Ray Lewis

Redskins

Offense: Santana Moss
Defense: Sean Taylor

Saints

Offense: Reggie Bush
Defense: Mike McKenzie

Seahawks

Offense: Shaun Alexander
Defense: Lofa Tatupa

Steelers

Offense: Hines Ward
Defense: Joey Porter

Texans

Offense: Eric Moulds
Defense: Mario Williams

Titans

Offense: Vince Young
Defense: Keith Bulluck

Vikings

Offense: Koren Robinson
Defense: Darren Sharper

PS - Here's a "preview edition" of the Blitz file. Below is the roster and the settings, use both. Feedback is appreciated, and thanks for keeping this awesome game alive guys.

burnwood 06-01-2006 03:18 AM

Re: Flipmo23 Presents .... "ESPN NFL BLITZ 2007" and "ESPN2K7: !MPACT"

This is a good idea. I'll give these a try in the afternoon.

WARPATHEB 06-01-2006 05:44 AM

What's up Flipmo! Yeah that sounds real cool man I love how we keep coming up with new ways to keep this game fresh. An all out Battle Royal style game play would be awesome man I'll check it out for sure.

And As Always,
LONG LIVE 2K:woot:

Steve_OS 06-01-2006 07:39 AM

Seriously, this is a BRILLIANT idea, can't wait to try them out!

xrob 06-01-2006 09:38 AM

Flipmo u done lost ur mind! What is wrong withu bringin the nfl blitz style here to ourwholesome community. Are u crazy u should be banned. J/k naw good lookingout for a change of pace. Man the offseason football rosters are looking better thenthe simulation official rosters. So far we have Blitz, Techo Bowl, Classical Teams, Enhancement Pak, and simulation community rosters. Man OS is the greatest website!

Flipmo23 06-01-2006 12:31 PM

Thanks alot guys. Just to clear things up, the file I posted above is of the "Blitz" style game. So far it actually plays well, especially on the CPU side. Even with less time in the pocket, the QBs still get a pass off. On the human side, you'll be scrambling alot though lol.

As far as !MPACT!, that will take me some time, because that is the one I am taking more seriously, and I really want to tweak it to the point where it feels like a completely different game.

Thanks for the support though guys. :google:

daflyboys 06-01-2006 12:47 PM

Can you please make Greg Wesley 9 feet tall with 3 heads and 6 arms!!! Hehe, this should be interesting to try. The only worry is that if you make the DB's too aggressive.....will they suck and bite on certain pass routes and get burned?

Rickster101 06-01-2006 12:52 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by Flipmo23
Thanks alot guys. Just to clear things up, the file I posted above is of the "Blitz" style game. So far it actually plays well, especially on the CPU side. Even with less time in the pocket, the QBs still get a pass off. On the human side, you'll be scrambling alot though lol.

As far as !MPACT!, that will take me some time, because that is the one I am taking more seriously, and I really want to tweak it to the point where it feels like a completely different game.

Thanks for the support though guys. :google:

Well I see you've really taken the game to another level with these, very creative if I should say so myself. I'm going to give them a shot even though I'm not a Blitz fan these might win me over since thery're pretty much still in the 2K family and only show how versatile working with such a wondereful game engine can be and how far one can go once the awesome power of 2K Football is unleased on the masses!!!

This could prove to be something very very different coming from a 2K Football game and only adds to its already great legacy,like I said before I'm pretty much a sim guy but am willing to give these a shot after all its still Football.

Holla Back ya'll :y220b: :y11:
Rickster101