Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   Does EA Know Madden is not that great? (/forums/showthread.php?t=171486)

STLRams 06-02-2006 08:00 PM

Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

I've been reading alot of post about Madden 2007, and how it looks like it may be weak again this year to alot of people. Also many of my friends and Madden junkies agree that EA could do alot better that what there putting out the past few years as far as a sim football game. What's weird though every year at E3 or website interview, everytime someone does a interview from EA, the game developer or whoever acts like Madden is the greatest thing on earth, and how they claim to have this new feature and that new feature,blah blah, and how they game is so much better than its last one. But we the fans know that Madden usually is the same game over and over with to many flaws. I've really been wondering is everyone at EA sports high on crack, or are they just lazy and do want to do great leaps of improvment on the game, or do they just think they still are the s**t? I'm honestly just wondering do they know what's really going on with there fan base the past few years and how some of us feel about the game. Do they have a email address or a place for us to write them to voice are concerns or a certain message board they actually do pay attention to us the fans. They are so luck that other companies can't make a NFL game right now. I'm so looking forward to playing the next gen Madden 07, but so far I'm agreeing with alot of people that its not that impressive, once again so far. I mean honestly what it up with EA's football game developers?

PacMan3000 06-02-2006 08:11 PM

Re: Does EA Know Madden is not that great?

I think about this every now and then, too. Honestly, I am not sure. I find it hard to believe that a producer like David Ortiz at EA Sports can look at little things--like how how the QB holds the ball, how he slides around in the pocket, how it seems receivers never catch the ball in stride, how we have a radio announcer even though we are playing the game on TV, how the tackling is average at best, how some of the player models are too chunky, thick, and hunched, how there is no TV style presentation, how there are no fan reaction shots, etc--and honestly think that all these elements are either fine the way they are, or he doesn't seem them as an issue.

So it's hard to say for me...especially when a lot of these issues with Madden would be fixed if you simply sat down and watched a single NFL game for three hours. The ironic thing is that what most people are asking here from EA isn't hard. A lot of it was proven 2 years ago in ESPN NFL 2K5.

DONF 06-02-2006 08:17 PM

Pacman you hit it on the head!

It's like the current situation with the gas prices, do we really have another choice!

countryboy 06-03-2006 12:02 AM

I love these threads.

Some fireworks will begin in 3.....2......1......

As long as people buy the game, then they are going to believe that they are doing something right and won't stray too far from what they have already done.

STLRams 06-03-2006 12:33 AM

Exactly, alot of these things are in 2K4 and 2K5, its like Madden as far as new development things in a football game are moving at the speed of a snail, its terrible. Its really messed up because we, the buyers are getting screwed out of our money, cause where hoping to play a very upto date, newage football game, but where are forced to only buy this if we want to play sim:confused: football game. We need to some how gets EA sports attention and let them know that should be putting out better quality football game by now. They have the ESPN license and they don't even have announcers, no type of presentation, no half time show, they keep giving us gimmicks. For this being on the Next Gen systems they should have stuff that's never been done or seen in a football game. Like someone said, they think its all good as long as people buy it. Atleast if they had some competition out there, they would be forced to try to improve on the game play.

Russell_SCEA 06-03-2006 01:02 AM

Don't blame the developers those guys are hardcore fans of 'SIM' football just like all of us. But EA is still in the buss. of making money so every year there is a fight between the developers and the big wiggs.

spankdatazz22 06-03-2006 01:19 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russell05
Don't blame the developers those guys are hardcore fans of 'SIM' football just like all of us. But EA is still in the buss. of making money so every year there is a fight between the developers and the big wiggs.

This isn't an issue of sim gamers versus casual gamers. There's no excuse for some of the things EA's producers have done with the game - no excuse whatsoever. You're trying to pin the goofy animations, hunchbacked player models, or something as simple as player intros - on so-called casual fans? That's at the feet of the developers.

The GIGGAS 06-03-2006 01:39 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by russell05

I don't really think the developers are that huge of hardcore football fans... I think they're just people that get drunk while watching football and decide to make the most arcade game they can get away with because it's more "fun" that way.