Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Rosters (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=150)
-   -   Contracts/ Salary Cap now supported! (/forums/showthread.php?t=172371)

FlyingFinn 06-14-2006 12:39 AM

Contracts/ Salary Cap now supported!

From my web page:

NEW! Full Salary Cap Management. Change the contract of any player on any team in Franchise or Roster files in the Player Editor. In addition, the League Salary Cap can be raised in Franchise files to reflect changes in the NFL by clicking the $ button or selecting Tools | Manage Salary Cap. Hope you enjoy it but as with any new feature, more testing is needed so be sure to back your data files up

Note: I haven't found Cap Penalty yet... but I am still looking.

Cheers,
Finn

love4thagame 06-14-2006 10:01 AM

Re: Contracts/ Salary Cap now supported!

Quote:

Originally Posted by FlyingFinn
From my web page:

NEW! Full Salary Cap Management. Change the contract of any player on any team in Franchise or Roster files in the Player Editor. In addition, the League Salary Cap can be raised in Franchise files to reflect changes in the NFL by clicking the $ button or selecting Tools | Manage Salary Cap. Hope you enjoy it but as with any new feature, more testing is needed so be sure to back your data files up

Note: I haven't found Cap Penalty yet... but I am still looking.

Cheers,
Finn

Wow, I just checked out the new editor and after seeing the new salary cap feature, I am convinced that with you working to keep this game alive, anything is possible. I mean I already thought that your pervious releases of the editor were incredible and now this. I want to thank you personally for all the time and hard work that you put into your editors. "You are The F---ing Man!"

Peji911 06-14-2006 10:11 AM

wait wait... so this means that we can edit the year and the player's salary per yr to reflect real life contracts?

Fiddy 06-14-2006 10:40 AM

^^^yes^^^

finn, you are the man!! thanks for all the work you put into the editors etc :)

TCrouch 06-14-2006 10:55 AM

I hadn't sold the game, but I also hadn't played it for about a year, so please be gentle if this question is very common.

Is there an updated schedule as well? I have the community roster and it's absolutely blown me away. I've been in shootouts, in defensive battles, been blown out of the building, and blown the other team out. More realism in each game than I can remember ever having before (thanks to the community roster and the zero sliders).

But is there a way to update the first season's schedule to be the 2006 season, or is it just limited to rosters, etc?

FlyingFinn 06-14-2006 10:59 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by TCrouch
I hadn't sold the game, but I also hadn't played it for about a year, so please be gentle if this question is very common.

Is there an updated schedule as well? I have the community roster and it's absolutely blown me away. I've been in shootouts, in defensive battles, been blown out of the building, and blown the other team out. More realism in each game than I can remember ever having before (thanks to the community roster and the zero sliders).

But is there a way to update the first season's schedule to be the 2006 season, or is it just limited to rosters, etc?

yep... see the help file in the editor for details (The help file says 2005 schedule but the process is the same). The new schedule is included in the new versions of the editor as well (Thanks Dan). NOTE: due to limitations with the number of byes etc.. in weeks 4-10, 2 games had to be moved from their real date to other dates in the schedule so the game would accept them.

FlyingFinn 06-14-2006 11:01 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by pf03ho
wait wait... so this means that we can edit the year and the player's salary per yr to reflect real life contracts?

You can set Salary, Contract, Bonus, and length just as you can do in-game. However, it can be done in roster files as well...

TCrouch 06-14-2006 11:02 AM

Incredible. I've never even grabbed the editor, although I can just tell from reading bits and pieces that you're a genius :spit:.

Simply incredible. Thanks, man!