Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   Madden NFL Old Gen (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=33)
-   -   NCAA to Have Gang Tackling...Will Madden Too? (/forums/showthread.php?t=172715)

PacMan3000 06-19-2006 02:04 AM

NCAA to Have Gang Tackling...Will Madden Too?

I read this:

http://www.psxsports.com/ncaa07impressions.html

It's at the bottom. I know a lot of people care about this feature in Madden so I figured I'd pass along the info that it will be in NCAA. If it can be in that game...and that game comes out a month early...why not Madden?

The GIGGAS 06-19-2006 02:06 AM

Re: NCAA to Have Gang Tackling...Will Madden Too?

I don't think it'll be anything new as for gang tackling...

Beantown 06-19-2006 02:45 AM

Yeah, it's nothing new, man. Just they're finally putting the two man tackles in NCAA that were already in madden, maybe one or two new ones like every year.

djordan 06-19-2006 09:32 AM

This is EA we are talking about....I'd wait for videos before getting hype about anything.

PacMan3000 06-19-2006 03:04 PM

Two man tackles are in Madden? I thught they weren't, which is why everyone is screaming for gang tackles.

beserk1 06-19-2006 03:22 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMan3000
Two man tackles are in Madden? I thught they weren't, which is why everyone is screaming for gang tackles.

Look man if u played NFL 2k5 you would know what they are talking about....Madden has an animation where to guy @the exact same time perform the same tackle on you. While in the 2k series multiple men can attempt to bring a player down..ie. MLB dives early and grabs the leg, slows him down and the CB or safety, hey even both players, punishes the back or reciever

LBzrule 06-19-2006 03:24 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by PacMan3000

Nahhh, what people wanted was, one of my guys hits the RB. I come in and finish off RB. Or I hit RB, my other A.I defenders, say two of them, come in and finish off RB. But while we wanted that, I could see why it was not added. You need a strong running game and RB's to run like they should to have that and Madden has not had that. Not saying they won't this year, but they have not had it. Not many break tackle animations either so why add that. It would only frustrate further those who like to run the football but cannot because of the way the animations in the game work :(

PacMan3000 06-19-2006 03:42 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by beserk1
Look man if u played NFL 2k5 you would know what they are talking about....Madden has an animation where to guy @the exact same time perform the same tackle on you. While in the 2k series multiple men can attempt to bring a player down..ie. MLB dives early and grabs the leg, slows him down and the CB or safety, hey even both players, punishes the back or reciever

I'm a huge 2K fan, and this is SUCH a miconception. 2K would certainly incorporate momentum and player size in regards to how tackles occured, but there were no more than two guys making contact with the ball carrier and bringing him down. This idea that three and four guys would bring a running back to the ground is just flat out false.