Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   NFL Head Coach (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=135)
-   -   Sign draft picks??? (/forums/showthread.php?t=173562)

soxrox 06-27-2006 10:53 AM

Sign draft picks???

How do you sign your draft picks? I have already started all my drills and the rookies are nowhere to be found on my roster. I looked at the calender and signing players is not an option anywhere in the next month. Want to get Chad Jackson and Lawrence Maroney some practice time w/ the starters. Thanks in advance for the help.

Easton 06-27-2006 11:02 AM

Re: Sign draft picks???

You'll have to swap tasks to a sign players task. You can swap any of the practice tasks out with a sign players task, and then sign your players.

lav 06-27-2006 11:08 AM

It's better to do it soon after the draft. Some people have lost players when they've waited to long. By "lost" I mean they don't see some of their draft picks available to be signed once they've waited a few weeks.

soxrox 06-27-2006 12:07 PM

How do you swap tasks? that will suck if I lost my draft picks, I went to my depth rosters and neither Chad Jackson or Lawrense Maroney were listed

Easton 06-27-2006 12:14 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soxrox
How do you swap tasks? that will suck if I lost my draft picks, I went to my depth rosters and neither Chad Jackson or Lawrense Maroney were listed

Bring up your calendar, go to the task you want to change to sign players, and press enter (on PC, don't know the action buttons on PS2 or Xbox). From there, you can pick swap task and then choose Sign Players. Go to that day, go to your computer and bring up rosters, then salary cap. If they're still on your team, you can sign them, or they might be back in the free agent pool, so check there too.

soxrox 06-27-2006 12:19 PM

That Blows.......I just figured out how to change tasks and went in to sign my draft picks and they are gone. I simmed ahead thru the period of about 2 weeks when they had all those days off listed. It took me FOREVER to figure out trades to acquire Jackson and Maroney....now I am going to have to start this whole thing over again......8 hours down the drain....stupid feature IMO, Hopefully someone is reading this and does not do the same ******* thing as me!!

Jimplication 06-27-2006 12:28 PM

Quote:

Originally Posted by soxrox
That Blows.......I just figured out how to change tasks and went in to sign my draft picks and they are gone. I simmed ahead thru the period of about 2 weeks when they had all those days off listed. It took me FOREVER to figure out trades to acquire Jackson and Maroney....now I am going to have to start this whole thing over again......8 hours down the drain....stupid feature IMO, Hopefully someone is reading this and does not do the same ******* thing as me!!

It is disappointing that you have to manually swap/assign a task for something as vital and basic as signing draft picks, especially considering that they appear to disappear after a week or so.

I only luckily discovered the ability to swap out tasks, and I am pretty sure there are a large majority of non-forum gamers that may never discover this.

Does that mean they won't be able to sign any draft picks, or is there an alternative means for doing so?

Kanobi 06-27-2006 12:31 PM

For future reference, immediately after the draft, preview your calendar for the next week. Swap tasks so that "Sign players" dominates the tasks you have available that week.

When using the "Sign players" task, go to the computer and Select "Roster". Then choose "Salary Cap". Once there, setup your paramaters so that players are sorted by "Contract Status" and "Unsigned". There will you will find all your rookies listed. From there just contact their agents and hammer out the deals. Repeat this process until you've signed all your rookies. This way you should easily be able to have them all under contract by the time Training Camp begins.