Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   ESPN NFL 2K5 Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=148)
-   -   Hardcore 2K'ers opinions on NCAA 360? (/forums/showthread.php?t=175729)

HMcCoy 07-19-2006 12:22 AM

Hardcore 2K'ers opinions on NCAA 360?

^

Thinking about picking it up, but not sure. The impressions thread is solid, but for alot of guys, nothing short of Madden shipping with an Olsen Twins game inside the box would turn them off. I know what type of gameplay a hardcore 2k'er expects (tough, realistic inside running...good offensive/defensive balance...immersive atmosphere) so I look to you guys. A few 2k'ers have given the thumbs up, which has me interested. I thought the demo felt nice.

NCAA worth 60 bucks?

NYJets 07-19-2006 12:29 AM

Re: Hardcore 2K'ers opinions on NCAA 360?

Yes, it has a 2K feeling too it.

Doesn't have the gang tackling like 2K, but if you can get past that I see no reason you wouldn't like it.

HMcCoy 07-19-2006 12:45 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by NYJets
Yes, it has a 2K feeling too it.

Doesn't have the gang tackling like 2K, but if you can get past that I see no reason you wouldn't like it.

Thanks.

I guess my biggest fear is that every game is an air raid with tons of points and too many huge plays like blocked kicks, INT returns for 6, and 60+ yard runs and passes. Big plays should only happen once or twice a game. Do you think NCAA plays sim, or can the sliders be adjusted for more of a sim game?

NYJets 07-19-2006 12:51 AM

I've only played a few games, but so far I haven't seen much of any big plays. My longest run was about 20 yards, and longest pass was maybe 35. There have been a ton of 10+ play drives so far by me and the computer. It's not like earlier NCAA's where it was easier to complete the deep ball than a 5 yard slant, and QB's stat lines would look like 6-20 for 250 yards.

I've seen one blocked kick so far. I won't be able to tell if they happen too much until I play a lot more, but it's not anything rediculous by 2-3 of them per game.

HMcCoy 07-19-2006 12:55 AM

Quote:

I've only played a few games, but so far I haven't seen much of any big plays. My longest run was about 20 yards, and longest pass was maybe 35. There have been a ton of 10+ play drives so far by me and the computer. It's not like earlier NCAA's where it was easier to complete the deep ball than a 5 yard slant, and QB's stat lines would look like 6-20 for 250 yards.

I've seen one blocked kick so far. I won't be able to tell if they happen too much until I play a lot more, but it's not anything rediculous by 2-3 of them per game.

Great. Thanks again. :waytogo:

adriano 07-19-2006 01:05 AM

hows the precision passing?? . Max passing to me was great.. I could move a pass to a spot..

last year it was just high low.. and which side of the reciever..if that (madden 06)

since they added precision this year to ncaa thats the one big question I have..

thmst30 07-19-2006 01:15 AM

Quote:

Thats interesting because all my games have been nothing but big plays. Bombs, Ints for 6, and long runs. Guess I need to really adjust the default sliders.

HMcCoy 07-19-2006 01:16 AM

Quote:

Originally Posted by thmst30
Thats interesting because all my games have been nothing but big plays. Bombs, Ints for 6, and long runs. Guess I need to really adjust the default sliders.

What difficulty?