Operation Sports Forums

Operation Sports Forums (/forums/index.php)
-   EA Sports College Football and NCAA Football (/forums/forumdisplay.php?f=37)
-   -   What is the best team to use to stop Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett? (/forums/showthread.php?t=176013)

Superman_TR 07-20-2006 08:55 AM

What is the best team to use to stop Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett?

My friend is one of those people who just throws the ball up deep to "superman" AKA calvin johnson and I cant figure out a way to defend that dude or dwayne jarrett because they go up higher then my corners and come down woth everything everytime. If you guys could help me out by telling me a good team to pick or some formation strategies I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

clayshime 07-20-2006 09:00 AM

Re: What is the best team to use to stop Calvin Johnson or Dwayne Jarrett?

Quote:

Originally Posted by Superman_TR
My friend is one of those people who just throws the ball up deep to "superman" AKA calvin johnson and I cant figure out a way to defend that dude or dwayne jarrett because they go up higher then my corners and come down woth everything everytime. If you guys could help me out by telling me a good team to pick or some formation strategies I'd greatly appreciate it. Thanks

Finding a team with a stud corner wouldn't necessarily work, because he can just package his formation so that the WR is on the other side. I would bring a heavy blitz, so that he is forced to throw the ball earlier than he wants to. When you don't blitz, make sure you have safety support (shade the safeties to the side of the WR).

Superman_TR 07-20-2006 09:26 AM

yea thats very good advice. thanks. anyone else have any ideas?

dubplate 07-20-2006 09:28 AM

Quote:

yea thats very good advice. thanks. anyone else have any ideas?

Hit stick them when they make the catch. Hopefully you can knock the ball loose.

Superman_TR 07-20-2006 11:32 AM

any suggestion on teams or formations? Miami maybe?

clayshime 07-20-2006 11:38 AM

Quote:

any suggestion on teams or formations? Miami maybe?

Miami would probably be good. I don't know how good their corners are, but their safeties are tough. I like running nickel or dime against a team I know is going to throw a lot, to get more speed on the field. Bringing an extra db from the edge can be a nightmare for the QB.

ehh 07-20-2006 11:47 AM

The Patriots.

terrapinman 07-20-2006 12:16 PM

Hey-Zeus himself